Guess we have a new look

Started by 94touring, November 13, 2022, 01:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G67mcs

Thanks for all the time and effort Dan updating the forum. Haven't visited in a bout a week and immediately noticed the change in format. Swung by the Lounge to see what was going on.

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

94touring

Thank you. Yeah just a nice crash going on!  I need to find time to do that last attempt with the attachments. If that doesn't work then I may call godaddy again and see about them restoring the old forum just as an archive to have as links to the post with attachments. Or something that I can clone and keep messing with.

94touring

Figured out how to import over the old gallery to the new platform.  Pictures are taking awhile to import so if you browse in there and notice some missing just give me time to keep importing them. I haven't messed with the new gallery that much yet but I didn't see a mass upload feature. I believe I can buy the pro version for that feature however.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on November 18, 2022, 09:54:39 AMwow, well done.....progress!  :steeringwheel:

Yep. Woke up at midnight to mess with it till 330am rolled around to fly 5 hours from Baltimore to Riverside and next is 5 hours up to Anchorage. To then go back to work on attachments.

ve9aa

Don't take this as a complaint (not at all Dan) but where did the "like" buttons go?
(or maybe I am just not seeing them)

Appreciate all your work.

Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

94touring

Just liked your post, so I'm seeing them.  Do you see them now?

ve9aa

I see this has appeared:
"1 person likes this."

in tiny font.

Where did you "like" this at please Dan?

I bet I'll be embarrassed with the answer.  It's probably right in front of me - DOH !
Mike in NB

MPlayle

I'm not seeing the "Like" button either.

94touring

Interesting.  Maybe there's a permission I need to turn on.

dantest

Like button works now.  Had the permissions off.

94touring

Ok I bought the pro version of the gallery which has more features but primarily wanted the mass upload feature.  The "bulk add" link is at the bottom of the page in each folder.  Gave it a test of 80 photos at once and it was pretty quick.  All the other folders that came from the old software are shown on the main page of the gallery, and each member can be found through the members gallery folder at the top of the same page. 

94touring

Doing some more tinkering.  Just expanded the page so it fills up the screen. 

Also, anyone having issues getting logged out automatically?  Might just be me since I'm going between two copies of the same forum. 

cstudep

Yeah it logs me out quite often.....I just log back in, but that sometimes still doesn't seem to work quite right. I just keep trying until it works. It just seems to stall out sometimes, not entirely sure what the issue is.

I do everything through a VPN so I try not to complain too much because of that. VPN's can do strange things sometimes so I never know if it's just me or something more.

94touring

I wasn't having any login issues till I did a couple uninstalls and reinstalls last night.  I just cleared my cookies on my computer and that seems to have done the trick. Well that and I reset my bookmarks to https://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php

cstudep

I will give that a go and see if it improves. The odd thing is it shows me as not being logged in on the home page of the forum....most of the time, and sometimes if I hit the login button I just get an error, other times it lets me log in. Either way if I just go to one of the sub forum pages it then shows me as logged in, whether I was or not on the main page. If I then go back to the main page it shows me as logged in.

ve9aa

Quote from: cstudep on November 20, 2022, 04:15:21 PMI will give that a go and see if it improves. The odd thing is it shows me as not being logged in on the home page of the forum....most of the time, and sometimes if I hit the login button I just get an error, other times it lets me log in. Either way if I just go to one of the sub forum pages it then shows me as logged in, whether I was or not on the main page. If I then go back to the main page it shows me as logged in.

That's kinda the way it's acting for me too.  Sometimes logs me in, sometimes not. Some pages OK, some not....sometimes error out; (yes, you guessed it; sometimes not !) LOL

Keep up the good work.
Mike in NB

94touring

I had some time outs but I was also doing some things on the server that was loading it up.  Otherwise it's been stable for me.  I'll have to get on my computer to check the login for consistency.

MPlayle

It has been stable for me the last couple of days.

94touring

We're also error free on my error log page.   Whereas before we'd have numerous errors.  I do like that I have a clone forum to work on and do trial runs with, which I can sync to this forum once I've determined everything checks out.  Just wish I had known that before the crash! 

94touring

Just logged in and am wondering what happened to a few things I had added or changed.  Looks like the software automatically updated and now I have to redo the stuff it undid!

cstudep

Automatic software updates, the bane of IT folks everywhere!

94touring

I see Godaddy redid emails.  What this means for us isn't much unless you use the contact form or try to reset your password before I can get in and reconfigure everything. It's all dead till I get it linked up.

MPlayle

It might also affect the PM feature.

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on December 29, 2022, 10:11:15 AMIt might also affect the PM feature.

It doesn't, already tested that.