Old #0058

Started by Mudhen, February 03, 2014, 10:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

I went and took old #0058 for a ride yesterday...

OMG...that thing pulls like a freight train.  Walked back into the dealership after the test drive and my 8yo yells out, 'we went 80 on the on ramp!'.   :-[

2013 with 5700 miles on the clock.  $28995.  No rear seat, no rear wiper.  All worth it.

http://www.loveringnashua.com/used/MINI/2013-MINI-Cooper-4bb857090a0a00645f15f9556bf0edb3.htm

94touring

I like the red accents!

Jims5543

I used to own a 2003 JCW that I specifically ordered to my liking. No sunroof, cloth interior, manual seats, minimum upgrades.

Ditched the "s-light" rims that were anything but and put on 16" Kosai K-1's. Then I ditched the suspension and dropped in Spax Coil overs straight from the JCW Garages in England. Put in a btter rear sway, upgraded the rotors to slots and put racing brake pads in.

Took it to a track day, where I was giving a C5 Corvette all the business all the way around the track. He would slightly pull me on the straights, I would get a run on him exiting the turn and then basically have to hit the brakes harder than needed to keep from rear ending him.

We weighed that Mini and it tipped the scales at 2,650 lbs minus driver with 1/2 a tank. I had the 2005 JCW upgrades in it so it was supposed to have 205 HP. 

I loved that car and the only reason I sold it was to buy the Porsche 911 I always wanted.

Pic of my old girl:

That GP sounds like a complete blast!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Love it!!  I used to do a bunch of autocrossing back in the middle 90s in a VR6 GTI.  Everything went to crap when I moved to a Rabbit GTI and kept missing events because it was broken.  50.gif

I think I'm going to pass on the GP, though, in favor of using the funds to keep working on the '80.  Gotta stay focused on rallying...somehow.

pbraun

Good decision. Not like the real mini.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )