I need more time.....

Started by Jims5543, December 10, 2013, 06:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

When the housing bubble burst in 2008, it was of no surprise to me, I had already circled my wagons, being a land surveyor, I felt the dip and impending doom about 1 year before everyone else.

So I sold off real estate, toys (I cried selling off my 1980 Porsche 011) and tightened up around the house. When Bear Sterns announced it was bankrupt, I was driving to sign papers to sell of my last RE holding, praying the buyers would not back out. Thank god they did not.

So fast forward 5 years to 2013 I am now 16 months into an upward trend (take note things appear to be taking off again, I am the first to know) and I am shell shocked from the down turn.  Trying to hang onto key employees through the "recession" (where people stood in line for Apple products rather than food) I went into some pretty bad debt.

Things are brisk, I am working 70+ hour weeks (should be working now but I am already burnt out this week on a Tuesday) and have no time. The damn Mini sits int he garage, I paid for express delivery of a clutch master and I will be damned if I have time to work on it. It is half done, I missed a car meeting tonight because I got off work at 6PM spent time with the family and I am not parked in front of the computer ready to pull another all nighter.... again....

I want to start a thread as I work to bring this Mini pickup back to its prime. The problem is time..... I will keep a camera and go pro handy in case I find some. So we can have some fun with this my new friend Stimpy.  <-- what we names the poor little truck.

I need more time, can we get a 30 hour day? Please?.....

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I hear ya.  I need a few extra days in a week too.

Mudhen

Years ago I bought a big box of round Tuits...seem to have lost them though.  If I find them I'll send you some.   ::)

[/our housing bubble story]We were collateral damage in the housing bubble - our builder went under halfway through our house.  What killed us was that the laws apparently are there to protect him more than us - all sorts of contractors sued us - people we didn't know and didn't have any sort of contract with.  They wanted money we'd already paid him.  Once one lien happened the bank froze our building loan...then people we rightly needed to pay sued us too.  Then other crap happened like the heating guy broke in and stole the air handlers and ductwork that we'd already paid for, so we sued him.  Dogs and cats, living together....MASS HYSTERIA!!  All good, though.  I mean, financially we're ruined - lost everything, but we're in the house...  :D [/story off]

Stimpy - I like it!  I've never named any of my cars...just acronyms, usually something like, POS.

Good luck.

Pat

94touring

Nice ghost busters quote.  And I liked how upbeat you are about losing everything lol. 

Jims5543

If it makes you feel any better Mudhen, I lost close to 200K keeping employees in jobs when I had no work.

I have worked through 60K of that debt and hope this upturn will continue so in the next 5 years I can erase the other 140K.

It took me 10 years to get that 200K in the bank and 4 short years to lose it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 15, 2013, 06:45:11 PM
If it makes you feel any better Mudhen, I lost close to 200K keeping employees in jobs when I had no work.

I have worked through 60K of that debt and hope this upturn will continue so in the next 5 years I can erase the other 140K.

It took me 10 years to get that 200K in the bank and 4 short years to lose it.

:-\

You'll receive the Order of Lenin for that.  (do you need any networking people?  I wouldn't mind that kind of job security  4.gif )

And when I win MegaMillions tonight I'll pay you back all that money as a thank you.  That's only if I win the whole thing, mind you...if I just win a free ticket you're on your own.