Introduction - New to the boards!

Started by Justin, November 14, 2013, 09:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Hello everyone,

I just came across this site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Justin and I live in San Antonio, Texas.

I got my Classic Mini (1991) a couple months ago. I traded my 1980 MGB for it. It's in good shape but currently not running, the motor was out of it and the previous owner had set the 1275 back in it but its not bolted up and its missing a few bits.

Things like the alternator, starter and grille; I think it may also be missing part of the distributor.

Anyway, it came with quite a few various extra parts that I don't need so my goal is to sell and/or trade what I have and don't need for what I do need.

I also have a 1984 Trabant I play with, if you know what a Trabant is then I'm really impressed, if you don't, its a little East German car that no one saw until the Berlin Wall came down in 1989. I own the English speaking forums for those www.TrabantForums.com

I'm happy to have found this site, the sources for classic Mini owners seem to be scarce here in the US.

Here is my Mini.....

And.....Here is my Trabant.....

Jims5543

Welcome to the board from a fellow newb.

I also like your VW Vert. I have actually been looking for a Ghia Vert for my wife. Might sell off my RX8 to make room for it.

Digging the Trablant never heard of one before.

Good luck with your quest that is a nice looking Mini.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Welcome to the forum.  Very clean looking car, don't even see rust on the door bottoms!   What extra parts do you have?  Pretty sure I have a used alternator and starter sitting around, or can get new ones.   Big stack of grills sitting in my shop too.

Justin

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 15, 2013, 04:50:53 AM
Welcome to the board from a fellow newb.

I also like your VW Vert. I have actually been looking for a Ghia Vert for my wife. Might sell off my RX8 to make room for it.

Digging the Trablant never heard of one before.

Good luck with your quest that is a nice looking Mini.

Thank you! The VW isn't mine, it belongs to the guy who I got the car from. Those pictures were taken at his house. I took some of my own once at my own house but they are on a different computer.

I like the Ghia vert's also, would be nice to have one!

Quote from: 94touring on November 15, 2013, 05:04:17 AM
Welcome to the forum.  Very clean looking car, don't even see rust on the door bottoms!   What extra parts do you have?  Pretty sure I have a used alternator and starter sitting around, or can get new ones.   Big stack of grills sitting in my shop too.

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for running the boards. I know what all is entailed in doing that so thank you.

The car is pretty clean, on the passenger side fender there are a couple of surface rust spots but other than that it's pretty clean all around. Once everything mechanical is sorted I'll see what I can do about just getting it touched up in problem areas.

As for extra parts, what I know I don't need so far are:

I believe at least 2 interior door panels and rear side panels
2 rear side windows
2 complete doors, driver and passenger side
I also have a complete set of factory wheels with tires (steel wheels) although I'd LIKE to keep one to use as a spare, but  would let it go if you needed them.
Great condition fuel tank with locking gas cap. 
Billet dip stick (I have an extra one, this part is brand new)

I may have other things later, still toying if I want to sell a couple of other things. I would be interested in swapping some of this stuff out or flat our selling it.....I don't need it....and with the bigger things, if you wanted them, Tulsa isn't that far away, perhaps we could arrange to meet in Dallas or I could just come all the way to Tulsa....never been before.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard, Justin!

Gorgeous looking Mini right there...  115.gif

Try not to get too close to 94's shop...some sort of gravitational pull will drag it into his barn and it will start disassembling itself...

Pat

Justin

Quote from: Mudhen on November 15, 2013, 11:42:48 AM
Welcome aboard, Justin!

Gorgeous looking Mini right there...  115.gif

Try not to get too close to 94's shop...some sort of gravitational pull will drag it into his barn and it will start disassembling itself...

Pat

Thank you! I am already starting to feel the pull after looking at pictures and seeing other posts. Being in Texas it really isn't ALL that far either.

MtyMous

Welcome aboard, Justin. That's a great car to start with. I love a clean body like that. Mechanical stuff is easy to fix on a Mini, and it seems like you know your way around quirky cars.

Where are you at in Texas? There's a few good classic owners around that massive state. I personally met quite a few of them when I lived in Dallas.

Justin

Quote from: MtyMous on November 15, 2013, 05:49:50 PM
Welcome aboard, Justin. That's a great car to start with. I love a clean body like that. Mechanical stuff is easy to fix on a Mini, and it seems like you know your way around quirky cars.

Where are you at in Texas? There's a few good classic owners around that massive state. I personally met quite a few of them when I lived in Dallas.

I hope so, there are a few things on it that make me stand there and scratch my head, but I guess I'll eventually wrap my head around it....Seems like this forum is a good place to start.

I am in San Antonio. I don't know of any other Mini's around me, although I'm sure they exist and it doesn't seem there is any form of organization (for both meanings of the word) in this state.

jedduh01

Welcome to the Mini Fray!

You may be interested in this... http://miniownersoftexas.com/ if you havent already been pointed in that direction.

Also - Classic Mini's United- Join Up!

94touring

Oh yeah guys, since I'm busy as hell Justin is putting together a Facebook and Twitter page together for us.  He's the marketer guy.