Pics of your Mini/MINI in the wild

Started by Mudhen, March 29, 2013, 09:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

It's the start of another Mini driving season in the northern hemisphere - lets see some pics while you're out and about!

(so those of us without running cars can share in the fun a little)

Let's see 'em!

94touring

Mudhen

Dean saved us...  4.gif

Man I love those tires.  I'd like to buy some and maybe use them as legs for a table in the living room or something...

jedduh01

Just one from a gathering a week ago!

MPlayle

The "toys" in the garage.  I'll be on the  "MOT Spring Drive" with the Mini this weekend.  May get some pictures of it in the Texas "hill country" around Canyon Lake.

The Mini goes on the market after the drive.  Currently posted on the MOT forum site:
Yellow Mini for Sale

Mudhen

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 18, 2013, 01:56:32 PM
Just one from a gathering a week ago!

Nice, you really must be piling on some points already!  Already a car show??  Where are you, southern California?  We won't get any of those for another month at least.

Here's a pic from the big blizzard a couple months ago of my MINI - makes my back hurt just looking at it.

And sweet hack rig, MP!  I've had a few advrider buddies with Urals...and a couple others with various hacked bikes.  Would have loved to put one on my Tiger - sounds tricky to ride, though.

Good luck with the sale, always sad to see such a nice car go on the block - getting another one possibly?

Pat

MPlayle

Pat,

Thanks.  Sidecar rigs are a bit different to ride, but fun.  The RE "Military" really gets the looks when I'm out on it.

I haven't decided for sure what is next if I can sell the yellow Mini.  I've been considering a Mini Marcos kit for several years now and may finally try to do one.  I've been debating turning this Mini into the donor for that - at least the mechanicals on this one are now a known entity.

jedduh01

Mudhen - Pat

Whew - all that snow ... No Thanks -- I Used to live in Virginia = Wife and I wanted to move to a larger population area but the biggest rule was - it had to be SOUTH from Virigina ..IE a  Warmer climate - and it shows - Only 3 hours south - always 10 Degrees warmer than VA!

Now in Charlotte NC for 5 Years.... That picture was a Cars and Coffee Meet 1st Saturday of Every month for us Sunshine is Fine - Flannel shirt- it was a bit nippy that AM but the cars loved it. Warmed up pefect for the afternoon. 

That next day - Drove and picked up this....  Project thread to come--- CLM Has been my inspiration to this endeavour.

Mudhen

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 19, 2013, 08:47:08 AM
That next day - Drove and picked up this....  Project thread to come--- CLM Has been my inspiration to this endeavour.

4.gif

CLM is a machine...and apparently now corrupting others!  Congrats on the Moke - hurry up and get that thread started...I'm running out of reading material and then I'll have to go back into the garage.  :(

Here's another good snow pic for you - taken at a rally in VT a few years ago.  Turned into a LONG night.

All in good fun.  11.gif

jedduh01

Well to combat your super snow picture- I raise you a Spring Day Mini Meet / Cookout i hosted today at my house today ! Good fun,. we all email- and chat together randomly - and few of us have never officially met. Put a little food in front and people come on out-  Should have had 3 more, but 1 un-expected travel. and one Down by malfunction and 1 no show reduced the atendees!

The Moke -- Slow progress it will be. now that i own the car- i gotta save up for the panels. then it will be go time!!!

Mudhen

:-\

Wicked cool.

I don't know any local Mini owners...there are a few cars around but it's tough to make the effort to put something together when I don't have a running one to join in with.  ::)

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on July 02, 2013, 08:15:45 AM
Minis on caster's!

lol...I believe I said 'out and about', not just, 'about'.   ;D

I went looking for a missing wheel caster so I could get my '65 up on them when I was working on my paint booth - after an exhaustive search it hit me that put the engine/tranny from the '80 on it...worked so good I guess I just left it there.   :-[

Mudhen

Stumbled on this sweet rig at the American Le Mans race at Lime Rock Park last weekend...

I could use one right about now.

gasmini

Mudhen

Awesome!!  And that road behind it looks like it might be perfect for a MINI...  4.gif

Now take care of those strut bearings, please.  ;D