The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

In Greenville/Spartanburg at Blue Ridge Brewery. 

94touring

Going through their beers but since they only have their big 4 right now had to do a Moscow mule.

fyi.  Reduce photo size app works great to keep photos from posting sideways.  When you resize it orients the pic how it would post.  Then all is needed is to rotate within the app and save.  Probably need to sticky this trick sober.

Jims5543

Dan, if you are in G-ville for long enough, head over to Thomas Creek Brewery and take a tour, I think it is $5, you get a pint glass and you get to taste about 5 different beers on tap there then you can buy some bottles to go. The brewery is about a 10-15 minute drive from downtown G-ville.

It was really interesting, educational and fun as hell.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Well damn.  I can't legally drink much longer.

94touring

Jims5543

Dan, I think it is time for an intervention, we need to meet up at a bar and discuss this further.

You know the drill if you follies land you in MCO, PBI or FLL you let me know.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Yeah I should just make a trip down.  Maybe if I drive your pickup it will motivate me to finish mine. 

94touring

Back at my spot  4.gif

94touring

Drinking in tonight with my lady friend.

Mudhen

Had a little growler of SoMe Goldilox double IPA last night...tasted a little fresher in my new glass (even though it's from below the Mason-Dixon line):

19.gif

Jims5543

LOL!! TBC is a great place.

Did the Dogfishhead Glass survive the trip up too?

That is supposed to be designed just for IPA consumption.

I have a going away party to go to for my niece this evening at the corner wing joint where she works(ed) she is moving to Long Island, NY to finish up school.  Her Bio dad is stepping up and helping her out.  Shenanigans should ensue, her step dad is Irish and I am known to drink like an Irishman. We typically get in trouble when together.

Mudhen

It did!  The wife already took it - it's that time of year again - Dogfish Head pumpkin is out.  After Old Brown Dog, it's her favorite.

Jims5543

My wife hates beer, which means more for me.  ;D

She is a Cider / wine / tequila drinker.  When she gets into the tequila, funny things happen.

Mudhen

Had to go up near Portland for a couple soccer games on Saturday - on our way home we stopped at a small brewery I'd never been to before - Banded Horn.  Picked this up:

Session Ender IPA.  11.5%.  Thankfully I convinced my wife to have a glass of it, too, otherwise I'd be in real pain right now.   ::)

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on October 05, 2015, 04:53:42 AM
Had to go up near Portland for a couple soccer games on Saturday - on our way home we stopped at a small brewery I'd never been to before - Banded Horn.  Picked this up:

Session Ender IPA.  11.5%.  Thankfully I convinced my wife to have a glass of it, too, otherwise I'd be in real pain right now.   ::)

Session Ender 11.5% sound about right.

Jims5543

Jims5543

Monday from hell. Thank god for double IPA'S.....

Jims5543

94touring

Last night I decided to meander over to my bar.  Even brought the rest of my ginger beer to make my drinks.  Several hours later I was summoned to meet up with a friend.  It's maybe 5 miles, takes 10 minutes tops.  So I Uber.  I uber a lot.  Typically in Tulsa I pay 6 bucks anywhere in my circle of places I frequent.  I expected to pay 10 bucks to get from A to B last night.  Woke up and looked at my bill.  Ouchy.  I kinda forgot about Friday night surcharges but jeebus louisus. 

MiniDave

Does that include a tip?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yeah uber includes a tip.  Very convenient app.  Normally very well priced too.  I guess getting gouged once in a blue moon isn't the worst thing to ever happen to me but I'll definitely take note for next time the surcharge alert pops up. 

gasmini

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 24, 2015, 03:06:14 PM
Yeah uber includes a tip.  Very convenient app.  Normally very well priced too.  I guess getting gouged once in a blue moon isn't the worst thing to ever happen to me but I'll definitely take note for next time the surcharge alert pops up.

What does a DUI run there days?   $45 seems like a good deal to me.  I know you got gouged, but take comfort in knowing you were being responsible and that is worth it.

94touring