impala painting time

Started by 94touring, August 17, 2011, 02:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Got myself a side project and prepping it for a paintjob.  Got to block it and fix a few areas before its ready for a final spray.

94touring

MPlayle

Wow,

You're getting into all kinds of side projects!  Painting airplanes, relocating, your pickup, and now a low-rider Impala.

4.gif

MiniGene

Cool!  This totally appeals to the "cruiser" in me.

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on August 18, 2011, 05:40:18 AM
Wow,

You're getting into all kinds of side projects!  Painting airplanes, relocating, your pickup, and now a low-rider Impala.

4.gif

And now off to the airport to fly a jet.   ;D  Next week hope to get some dings and scratches blocked out on my days off.  All I know is I'm sore from sanding and spraying the past couple days. 

94touring

Quote from: MiniGene on August 18, 2011, 06:46:52 AM
Cool!  This totally appeals to the "cruiser" in me.

Anything new with your mini?

MiniGene

No, nothing new to report. :( Been doing a lot of summer/outdoorsy type things with the family lately.  Soon it will be fall and I'll be headed back into the garage.

Willie_B

Can see the photos here now also. Cool Man.

94touring

Today I wet sanded it back down again till I couldn't take it.  Tomorrow will fill in some remaining scratches and fix the few dents that are on it and have it pretty much ready for paint minus a patch I have yet to weld into place.   

94touring

Flat black is a pita to spray.  Will need some tending to next week after it flashes and bakes in the sun.

MiniGene

So what makes it so hard to work with as opposed to a gloss?  Looks pretty cool.  Will flat black be the final color?

94touring

Kinda like spraying metalic where you get tiger striping, my problem is I have areas that are more flat than others. 

MiniGene

Ah.  I guess there's no sanding out imperfections either with a flat paint, huh?

94touring

Well I can tinker around with it and see, I'll have it even looking one way or another.

MiniGene

What ever happened to the impala? 

94touring

I resprayed the hood a little more evenly and collected the rest of the cash money.  He was happy  ;D