Removing speedo cable

Started by towjoe, May 09, 2016, 07:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

towjoe

Yesterday I pulled the carb and intake manifold in order to rebuild my HIF 44. Had to replace the speedo cable. I could reach the cable end but could not get it loose. Decided to try using my socket for removing the bosch 02 sensor. It worked. Just another way to remove stubborn speedo cable.

Regards
towjoe   77.gif

Willie_B

This is good to know. Thanks

MiniDave

Is that the same as the O2 sensor? Cause I have one of those sockets too, never thought to try that. I made a crude tool instead....

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Long reach angled needle nose work too. 

John Gervais

I'm not sure I'm understanding this - what do you use your special tool for?

To remove the cable from the carb is easy enough, and then it's just a matter of getting on the ground with your head, shoulders and 2 arms in front of the seat, under the dash and reaching up to the retaining clip situated on the pedal's extension. 

I use a short screwdriver to pop the clip (NAM6923) from the pedal, replacing it with a new clip upon re-assembly.
- Pave the Bay -

Willie_B

Quote from: John Gervais on May 09, 2016, 01:59:25 PM
I'm not sure I'm understanding this - what do you use your special tool for?

To remove the cable from the carb is easy enough, and then it's just a matter of getting on the ground with your head, shoulders and 2 arms in front of the seat, under the dash and reaching up to the retaining clip situated on the pedal's extension. 

I use a short screwdriver to pop the clip (NAM6923) from the pedal, replacing it with a new clip upon re-assembly.

He was removing the speedo cable from the transmission.

John Gervais

Oh yeah, so he was... crap - I really misread that one...    :-[

So, yeah, um, sure... what he said...   :-X

I think I'll mix another Pimm's and sit back for a bit...  Might even learn how to read...
- Pave the Bay -