Fresh air hose.

Started by Spitz, November 02, 2015, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitz

Is this available?
The hose goes from under the bonnet through the dash and down to the early fresh air heater.  Opening on the heater is 3.25".
I have all of the coil....maybe it can be covered(?)

Also....how do I detach the window defrost tube from the back of the heater?  Don't want to bust anything

MPlayle

I have heard that McMaster has tubing similar to the large diameter fresh air hose.

As for the smaller demister hose, from the picture you attached I would try "unscrewing" it some and see if it loosens.  I don't have much familiarity with those earlier style heaters.  The early Minis I've had had slightly later heaters where the demister hoses slid over the outlets on the sides.

94touring

I'd try unscrewing the small hose.  The big hose I've often wondered if the rv hose I see in wal mart in the automotive aisle is the same diameter. 

MiniDave

Are those rocks inside the large opening?????

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

No...they are oblong food pellets of some kind I think...maybe burner pellets(?)   They heater was absolutely full of it....obviously a mouse was making a home or stash

tmsmini

McMaster definitely has the duct.
7 Enterprises may now be selling it as well.
This what I used:

5499K447 High-Temperature Blo-R-Vac Duct Hose for Dust, 3-1/4" ID, 3-3/8" OD, Black, 12' Length

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/121/254/=zojsvi
Terry

Spitz

Thanks very much for that link....thqat is some pricey stuff!  ( was that a typo you made...should it be 5499K247?)
Is the cheaper stuff above it ( 3.5"OD 53145K64 ) going to be too large to fit through the holes?  It's nearly 1/2 the price

BTW...I got the small hose out...yes, by turning it out.

Is the defrost tubing available?

tmsmini

Yes, the price has gone way up since I last ordered.
They have other materials, but I went for the heat resistant double coated style