Mini Birthday Cake

Started by Shrimps, October 13, 2015, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrimps

My birthday was a few months ago & my wife made this awesome birthday cake for me.  She said she had something pretty neat planned but I had no idea what she had up her sleeve.  I was totally blown away.  She's made some cool birthday cakes for me in the past but she definitely raised the bar this year!  I couldn't help but want to brag a bit & share with other Mini enthusiasts.

It's hard to appreciate the work it took as she had to "paint" the mirrors, wipers, windshields, tires, etc. with the applicable color of chocolate then pour the main color of chocolate into the mold for each car.  I thought she did an awesome job!

94touring

Whoa that's impressive!   Does she do that for a living?

Mudhen

MiniDave

Fantastic, but too rich for me!   4.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Mother of god.... that looks... amazing...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Shrimps

Quote from: 94touring on October 14, 2015, 04:08:02 AM
Whoa that's impressive!   Does she do that for a living?

No, she actually works in eyeballs.  But she's pretty crafty in a lot of different areas (from cakes to building cabinets!) & when she has a vision or see's something online she likes she can usually pull it off.  She found the Mini mold when she was ordering my Xmas gift from DSN Classics in the UK & held onto it till my birthday.

The cake was quite rich but good.  I ate prolly 3/4's of it (excluding the Mini's & majority of the M&Ms) before I threw (up) in the towel.  The frosting itself wasn't super rich which helped.  None the less I wanted to finish it because it was so cool but didn't quite make it before it started to get stale.

MiniDave

That's a real problem when there's only the two of you living in the house.....

My wife has taken to buying 1/2 cakes and pies now.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad