Setting up my Clutch Master Cylinder

Started by SoCalMiniFan, September 27, 2015, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalMiniFan

I'm stuck on what part I need to put on next to connect my Clutch Master Cylinder to the Slave. In the pictures you'll see what I have, can someone tell me the pieces I need to make it complete? A Banjo Hose?  I looked in the manual and parts sheet but it has ALL the possible parts listed for pre-/non-Verto so I'm confused.

The Master Cylinder, nothing attached thus far.

The Slave and connected to it thus far is the following that I'm not sure is even the right part but it's loosely on there for the time being.

Thanks in advance.
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

94touring

From the master to that fitting beside the stabilizer is just a basic ole hard pipe hand bent to fit with standard mini style fittings on each end that screw in. 

MiniDave

You can see one here in my pic - the bright copper pipe....be aware, later cars had metric fittings.....your master cylinder could be metric and the fitting for the flex hose end could be English.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

SoCalMiniFan

I thought it was as simple as the Hard Pipe being fit to it! I got hung up on Banjo 17.gif fittings!
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

DS1980

I like the idea of the rubber mat for firewall insulation.

MiniDave

I don't really know how much difference it makes, but it's not expensive and since I had everything out of there to paint I decided to add it. My 62 Cooper S had it too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

DS1980

Don't sell yourself short. It makes all the difference in the world if it keeps water off your binnacle and fumes out of the cabin. That's how it should have come from the factory. Lots better than that odd foam insulation. I had the pleasure of owning a mini that had that foam. It was glued to the firewall, not sure if that's how the factory did it or I was just lucky. It was awful. And completely saturated with water.

MiniDave

It's actually a vinyl mat with a jute backing....you can buy it at all the major Mini parts suppliers, but you have to cut it to fit the later cars like a Clubman.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad