Stan's 78 mini restoration

Started by stan360, September 25, 2015, 08:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedduh01

Stan,  sorry to ask another "wher'ed you get that question'
  but im blank here too =

For the HS Outputs = the Round rubber rings behind the Bolt and washer???

Where'd you get those!!!??

Looks good = headed in your direction !

94touring

Took me awhile to get around to finishing off paint items.  Probably a handful of small odds and ends to do but almost done on my end.

MiniDave

I've warmed up to the butterscotch color, can't wait to see it go together and to see it at a Mini meet or on a  run.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Yeah, I am excited to see the finished product.  Dan has put a lot of work into the car.  I hope to be putting everything back together over the winter and be driving again in the spring.

94touring

I spent 2 full days sanding those doors. The media blasting unveiled several pits on the window frames and edging.

stan360

Those doors were pretty sad to start with.   The crusty skins had seperated from the frame along the bottoms. 

I am sure they are much better than factory new now that you have worked them over.

94touring

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Doors mounted after some shimming.

94touring

All the mechanical work on my end is done.  Started in on the color sanding and buffing.

John Gervais

Smooth!  And, that color is still fantastic!  Loving it!   4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

stan360

Yeah, the color is great.  Counting down the days now.  71.gif

MiniDave

Let me know when it's home, I'll drive the racing green up to check it out?

Your workmanship on this project is first class, I hope it lives up to your expectations once it's done, but remember these were cheap little throw away cars when new......it still won't be like a modern car when done. Not trying to be Debby Downer here, just BTDT.

You will have a blast driving it!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

You bet Dave,  I should be going down to see Dan middle of next week .......then lets  get  a day  for you to come by and check things out.  I will keep you posted.

MiniDave

My schedule is flexible, Tuesday is about the only day I'm busy right now.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Few more pics to share of fitting things.  We put on new boot rubber.  If anyone's ever put on new rubber you know getting the lid closed can be impossible.  What I ended up doing was shimming the latch with a couple washers.  Works great now.  The brake lines with Stans kit for the masters were a tad short after measuring other cars in the shop, plus one had an incompatible thread on one fitting.  I have a 25 foot spool of brake line and made up a couple new lines that should have a little extra room to play with.

MiniDave

Can't wait to see it home again in Lawrence, I have a lot of LBC friends in that town, lots of reasons to drive up and visit.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

I met a gentleman named Terry last fall when my wife and I had taken the car to the Merc...he gave me a card and told me a bit about the club...   I have not been to a meeting yet with my schedule. I would like to get involved in that though

roadhouse

I'm really liking this color. Coming along nicely!

stan360

Road trip to Dan's shop today  to pick up the mini.   The car looks wonderful.  Dan put a lot of work into this and I am sure to enjoy driving it for many years to come.  Thanks again Dan...... we made it home in one piece , stopped and checked straps 3 or 4 times to be safe and all was well.  Now onto putting the rest of it back together.

John Gervais

Congratulations!  It looks fantastic!
- Pave the Bay -

stan360

before picture rehash, so it has come a long ways.

John Gervais

Yikes!   :-\

T'was cute enough, but I can totally understandable the project.  Well done!   4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

In those two pics the color looks even better, deeper, more saturated......can't wait to see it!  4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad