The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Still in Brooklyn drinking.

Jims5543

You appear to be in a hipster area, are you the only one without a beard?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Merlin

Every captain needs a beard.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

Hmm... should I come into work hung over tomorrow?

This is a question I am debating right meow as I popped the top off a 60 Minute IPA and some Four Roses is on deck...

94touring

Isn't the best part of being boss going to work hung over?  I don't see what the dilemma is 8.gif

Mudhen

I don't know anything about being a boss...but I've heard working from home is pretty nice for hangovers.  Daily naps, too.

Was at the beer store earlier - picked up some Victory Hop Ranch.  Too light for a 9% IPA.  But 9% is 9%.  I looked longingly at the Dogfish Head 120 Minute but it scared me too much.   39.gif

Grabbed a pic of this...just seems fun.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on May 17, 2015, 05:19:58 PM
I don't know anything about being a boss...but I've heard working from home is pretty nice for hangovers.  Daily naps, too.

Was at the beer store earlier - picked up some Victory Hop Ranch.  Too light for a 9% IPA.  But 9% is 9%.  I looked longingly at the Dogfish Head 120 Minute but it scared me too much.   39.gif

Grabbed a pic of this...just seems fun.

WHOA!!  They had Dogfish 120 on the shelf there?

People stand in line for it down here.

jeff10049

I gotta try this dogfish 120 they sell it at 13 places here according to the dogfish fish finder.

Jeff

Jims5543

I was a good boy last night. 2 IPA's and I was done.

120 - I have now bad two of them the first was disapointing the second was really good.

For how expensive they are give it a try or two, the just grab some Thomas Creek up the creek IPA which is cheaper and be done with it. More consistent and better imho.

Mudhen

Quote from: jeff10049 on May 17, 2015, 10:52:55 PM
I gotta try this dogfish 120 they sell it at 13 places here according to the dogfish fish finder.

Jeff

I recommend giving blood earlier in the day...and NO FOOD for at least 12 hours.

Then...enjoy!   130.gif

Jims5543

FYI - The Thomas Creek IPA is over 14% ABV, while, as we know, the 120 is 12%.

I watched a grown man (60 years old) get his ass kicked by the Thomas Creek, he thought he could drink them like Buds and ended up getting REALLY sloppy.

I have video of him walking like he is on a boat in 12' seas.

I promised to destroy it... I suck at following through.

OH BTW speaking of procrastinating. Mudhen, I finally figured out where Tequesta Brewing Company is, in a couple of weeks I am gonna swing through get get you some presents.

Jim

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 18, 2015, 12:11:22 PM
FYI - The Thomas Creek IPA is over 14% ABV

My mission, now I've chosen to accept it...  52.gif

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 08, 2015, 11:02:29 PM
Most definitely drunk

:D

I am back on the wagon on weekdays from here on out.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on June 09, 2015, 03:57:36 AM
Most definitely drunk

We're here to help you with that (outside of this thread, of course).  I was thinking about putting some NA beer in the fridge for weekday weakness...gotta get in shape, my kids call me fat now.  F'in pricks.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on June 09, 2015, 06:03:46 AM
Quote from: Jims5543 on June 09, 2015, 03:57:36 AM
Most definitely drunk

We're here to help you with that (outside of this thread, of course).  I was thinking about putting some NA beer in the fridge for weekday weakness...gotta get in shape, my kids call me fat now.  F'in pricks.

The little shits are good for being honest with you that is for sure.   ;D

Jims5543

The whiskey is calling out to me....

Mudhen

Jims5543

Me trying not to drink.

How a beer feels when I open it.

How I feel in the morning when I drink Whiskey.

Mudhen

lol... :D

I didn't make it the week.  Wednesday was a rout, tonight started out with a 21st Amendment IPA, then we went to 7th Settlement brewery and had a 'Nate the Great' 9% Stout and another IPA...came home for a Crowler of Mosaic IPA from Garrison City brewery.  32oz, but 5%?  Isn't that what water is?

Probably just missed ADRay - I know he frequents those establishments!   ;D

94touring

MiniDave

You're a two-fisted drinker now?  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Is there any other way?

Jims5543

Hmmm... I always thought the one empty hand was a waste, I am going to try this two fisted drinking when I get to Key West in a couple of weeks.

Bought a 6er of this at Whole Foods yesterday. It was VERY good.

So many legs so little time.....