A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

A random home in Port St. Lucie near a job site I am working on.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

It is a Christmas Massacre!!!

Even baby Jesus was hit.

We had a pretty violent cold front come though here, actually it has been coming through now for 24 hours and counting.

50+ MPH winds wrecked havoc on everything.

Try holding a prism pole still in gusts up to 50 MPH, not an easy task, glad my forearms are fit. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Yea we had some wicked winds come through here. The large city tree in McKinney actually got blown over.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Every Christmas light you see in this picture is for one house. The traffic you see in the road which is typically empty in the evening (A-1-A in Jensen beach at 9 PM) is due to people coming to drive past this house.

Crews start setting up the lights in early October they are first light up Thanksgiving weekend.

The house is an oceanfront mansion that looks like a hotel. I have no idea who owns it, rumor is it is some computer or tech related guy.

Jims5543

Fuckit I am throwing this in the backyard!!

House I surveyed this morning.  The only job mother nature let me do today.

MiniDave

Wow, I didn't remember tornados being a thing in Florida?!?!?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Downside to those nice warm moist temperatures in the winter.  Get a strong enough low pressure / cold front to hit that warm moist air and bang, same thing that happens in tornado alley during the spring.  It warms up enough down here in TX that we can get them year round.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

Yep, it was almost 2 years ago that we had tornadoes here in San Antonio (Feb 19th, 2017 - a date stuck in my memory).

Jims5543

We get them they tend to tear up trailer parks.

This morning:

*Alert* Tornado warning!!!

Me, checking radar:  Whoa, I did not realize the front was coming through so early, this looks like a day ender.  Lets go to a trailer park nearby and do a survey. Tornado's be damned!!

btw -  My BIL has dibs on the dijon mustard that fell out of the fridge, everything else is up for grabs.

gr8kornholio

Willie_B

BruceK

Could be some Japanese aftermarket item. They have lots of cool/weird stuff not readily available elsewhere.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I'm going to say it is totally custom.  Look at the front turn signals for a clue to being custom as those are definitely not stock.

The surround does look similar to the Inno grill, but more rounded like a standard MK-I grill.  The center portion is custom.

Jims5543

Sorry I have not been on here in a while extra busy at work and life. I made some big changes in my life too which limits me screen time considerably.  More on that in a moment in another thread.

Threw a coat of wax on the E30 yesterday, for the first time I used my wax kit from Mothers.

Next time I do this I want to apply the ceramic coating I purchased I just need an entire day to do it, but worth it because you do not have to wax the car for a long time after that, for a car like the E30 it should last years.

My son sold his BINI, he has been obsessing over Subaru's for a year now, he finally found a decent WRX STI, I took it for a spin, I was most impressed with the stock suspension and lack of body roll, car feels amazingly sure footed. Engine was cool decent torque down low smallish powerband like 4-7K RPM. With 300+ HP that happens very fast in 1st-3rd gears.

Saw this Mini the other day, I only had a potato to take a picture of it with.

Jims5543

A lot of faith is being put on that hitch pin.

MPlayle

The supposed "safety" chains too short?

I agree with Jim5543 - a lot of reliance on the hitch pin if they are not also linking something to the chain mounts at the receiver end.

Willie_B

Looks like a place for the anti-sway stuff to go.

jeff10049

they had safety chains on it If the pin comes out or the ball comes loose what good are they? I have seen both happen in my business yes another short link between hitch and plate would work but they didn't have that.

BruceK

The size of this rear wiper looks like one of those "meets the letter of the law" things, while totally missing the intent. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

I was surveying this house today with this VW in the drive. Got talking to the owner, it is his wife's car, she has owned it since new, purchased it when she graduated college. Everything is original. The engine never opened up. Did not think to ask the mileage.

94touring