A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsumini

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 12, 2014, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: tsumini on December 11, 2014, 03:32:08 PM
My son's E30 M3 with 400 hp S65 V8 today at
Roebling Racetrack outside of Savannah GA.
SCCA club racing.
Trying to load photo but spinning its wheels.

Gonna have to show my son this one, awesome car!!  More pics if you have any, would love to see the engine bay.

I ended up purchasing that E30 pictured earlier. I am closing the deal next month after the holidays.

I am trying like hell to sell the RX8 now.
Almost forgot this. Did find some photos of the S65 install.It replaced an S54. I'll leave them in photobucket. http://s305.photobucket.com/user/heersia/library/Mystuff/S65Install?sort=3&page=1
Nice E30 you bought!

94touring

I'm as close to times square as I ever intend to get on new years!

Merlin

Although not from the cockpit, I have seen that view a number of times.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

NYE
We threw a hat party. Everyone there was the wifes family and their significant others.

I decided to be that guy the ends up with a lampshade on his head. Yes, it had a light in it. My wife made a mad hatter hat from scratch. I barely had the patience to retrofit my hat with a headband stolen off an old welding helmet.

All the hats laid out we had a ballot for best hat (hosts excluded) with 1st and second getting $20 and $15 gift cards. (see what we did there?)

My niece had to try the lampshade out.

The kids played dance revolution for hours.

My son made it about an hour into 2015 before passing out exhausted.

No one got drunk no stupidity the food was great and no one left even questionable concerning drinking and driving.  Fun night and great start to the year.

Ironically Mrs.5543's great aunt just moved from Brooklyn (referring to Dans pic) she misses it there but loves the weather here. It was fun to spend the evening watching here take it all in. She is thoroughly enjoying being surrounded by family. Something she did not have in Brooklyn.

Here is tona geeat 2015 for everyone. .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

Sunday is family dinner day. While the older son was mia. My in laws and great aunt came over for some dining on the back patio. Wife made amazing linguini and clam sauce.

94touring

Willie_B

Current project. Replacing heater core in my daughters Jeep Liberty. 5 hours into it so far.

Mudhen

I think that's the scariest picture I've ever seen in my life.   :-\

You 'da man!

94touring

MtyMous

Well now... That's kind of funny. I just replaced the ony in my Dodge Ram last week. Core blew a leak and dumped about a gallon of coolant onto the passenger floor.

Here's half way through the fun.

Merlin

Mmmn, calibrating the ole' printer. I should be in bed...
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Headed to work/date with a lady.  By the way, I still love the doll on page 1.

Jims5543

The doll is gone too. I put it in a port o potty to Eff with some guys on a construction site and someone took it.

I do have Bill though I should find a pic of him in my RX7.

Jims5543

I could not find Bill in my RX7 but I found this and thought it would warm you guys up. A pic from when Mrs5543 and I were at the Dry Tortuga National park west of Key West 2 summers ago.

Here, you can play Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffet while you look at the amazing water. Every time I was leaving NC for Florida, I would play this song. I hate cold (I am sure you know) and after a week or 2 of freezing mornings, I was ready to head back where it is warm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSfONJYIyGM

Jims5543

Getting ready to head out in the field today.   effin fog lights....  I am considering pulling them off, they are purely decorations.

Blocking access to construction site? No worries, I drive down sidewalk.

A bee landed on me right as I parked the Mini, I hate bees, I freaked out and cut my hand trying to get the door open to get it out of the truck. I am such a wimp.... Bees make me scream like a cheer leader and run like Usain Bolt.

94touring

Lol those lights!   They don't tighten up?  At night my rally lights were very nice to have.   

Jims5543

LOL @ Night.

I turned them on once and everyone around me started to have seizures. they vibrate with the engine and suspension.

They are honestly decorations. I think I will pull them this week and see about better mounting and see what it takes to tighten the damn things up.

MiniDave

I think they are decorations most of the time, as it's rare when you don't have traffic coming the other way. That said, on our last Classic Fun Run down around Steelville, Mo we were out on some real back roads and a couple of guys got to turn theirs on and wow! instant daylight!

I just have high powered halogens on my car, plus the driving lights that are tied into the high beam switch and that's plenty of light for me. However I was seriously thinking of buying one of the HID kits they make now - not the ones you adapt to a halogen lens, but the complete light assy. They're not too bad and I have HID's on all my other cars except the Jag. When you get older you need all the light you can legally get at night!

BTW Jim, if those lights are that bright, they're not fog lights, they're driving lights. Fog lights are designed to shoot low, under the fog not straight out - if they're that bright and you hit them in fog you'd blind yourself with the reflection!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Yeah they are driving lights that shake rattle and roll. I have turned them on and it is embarrassing.

I am gonna pull them and store them for now, maybe convert to LED lights, my nephew has a good friend that will hook me up at cost.

94touring

Last night on the flight in.  That's Tulsa at 12 O'clock. 

MtyMous

If anyone wants HID headlights, I have answers. Lol. I'm sure y'all have seen the ones I made for the Mini. Clean cutoff, not blinding, and massive amounts of light. Took off my driving lights after I made the HID's because I could barely see them through the HID's. Haha. And the cutoff on the ones I made shoou pretty far out but are way below any other car on the road, so I don't blind anyone. The High beams are in a world of their own. Daylight.

But there may be some creative lighting solutions coming to my mini in the near future.

Jims5543