A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Try and let it go Jim, it's not worth it......a lot to pay for your son's temper tantrum behind the wheel.

Not saying the guy was right, but your son clearly wasn't. Losing your temper behind the wheel can get people killed.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Agreed.  Damage to the car is bad enough, but the dog could have been hurt also, not to mention a bystander.  I'm sure it was also somewhat embarasing for your son, losing control in a solo accident in broad daylight. 

Pursuing the vigilante redneck might create more problems - I'd consider filing a complaint or maybe an assault charge with the sheriff/police and leave it at that.
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

My detective friend is VERY interested in this guy who thinks it is perfectly fine going around pretending to be a cop and intimidating people like he is going to shoot them.

When I texted him about what happened he pulled up the call in to the police dept, the acct. report (no ticket was issued) and sent me the info, then called me. We had along talk about this cat.

A loose cannon like this is 10X more dangerous than a person over steering his car into a curb.  He is threatening people with actions that insinuate he is going to pull a gun on them.  Big difference between taking a turn too fast and threatening to shoot someone.

If my son ignored him and ran would he have been shot?

We are still not sure something went wrong with the car, right now my son is beating himself up over this, he admitted he took the corner hot, but said no hotter than in the past. Something was different this time, not sure it was debris in road, tire was low or suspension problem or even tire failure. He was about to buy new rears.

When he was 12 years old I was in awe in him able to drift a Yamaha 80cc racing Kart around an race track. This kid has a lot of seat time in race karts and a decent amount of time in a car AXing and doing aggressive driving schools etc..

And for those of you passing judgement on him, come drive here for a week or two, you will lose your shit.  What we deal with on a daily basis is insane. I will start recording it daily and flooding you with it.

Random braking for no reason on a busy road because the driver is unsure where he/she is. Stopping suddenly for no reason to make a U turn because they passed a destination. Pulling out of side streets or parking lots not even looking and making you slam on your brakes, then only going 20 under the speed limit down the road. What was the hurry to get on the road?

I can go on and on, it is comical at first then it gets old really fast. I find myself road raging every single day, I am not even mad at the lad, I feel his pain, so much wasted time every damn day over this.

Walk a mile in our shoes then pass judgement.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Perfect Example, I am going to see if I can grab the dash cam footage from today.

I am going down a bridge behind this asshole today, we ar both doing 50 MPH in a 45 and approaching a green traffic light. The road splits from 2 lanes to 4 lanes (2 in either direction) as the road splits this cat slows down, as do it because I am behind him, the light is green..... then I start to move over and he hit his brakes hard, I swerve now not anticipating this sudden braking, I have now slowed to about 35 in a 45 because of this asshat. THEN the light turns yellow, I have no idea WHY he was breaking, it was like he WANTED to stop for a red light and the green was told old for him, I was already clear of him and floored it and took the yellow. Fuck him.

I was able to run the length of the road not stopping again, I am sure if I stopped with that moron I would have caught every light down the road.

Shit like that happens every damn day.. and I drive about 50-70 miles a day so I see it all day long...over and over and over again.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

So was Noel a big race fan Dave?  She looked like she was pretty interested in that . 

Dan , is that a Benelite grille for your mini  in the bucket o' parts ?  Those are cool and hard to come by if so.

John Gervais

Soft and fluffy pets make great race companions.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

She absolutely was into F1 and Indy cars, she had no interest in Nascar at all!

She would sit beside me on the couch and watch the races....I don't know if  she really understood what she was seeing other than colorful shapes zipping across the screen, but she did watch.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: stan360 on December 20, 2016, 05:50:07 PM
So was Noel a big race fan Dave?  She looked like she was pretty interested in that . 

Dan , is that a Benelite grille for your mini  in the bucket o' parts ?  Those are cool and hard to come by if so.

That goes to Vikrams car actually.

Jims5543

Dan the irons are looking good.

Dave, that is awesome.

Some sights from my day yesterday, I had a lot of driving around to do.

Every time I drive north of here there is an old steam engine just sitting on a spur track, I have no idea why, what the history is or anything else about it. My old mentor up in NY is a huge Train fanatic. I finally stopped off and snapped some pics to send him.

In same town is an old church, just sitting there.  It is in the middle of a really bad neighborhood that the local city pours a ton of money into to make look better.  I would expect this will be restored at some point in time.

94touring

Gots me a big torque wrench for putting this motor back together.

94touring

Girlfriend and I did xmas early since I'll be out of town.  She knew exactly what I wanted somehow lol.

Jims5543

Coil over kit? 

Bump stops are throwing me off.

Jims5543

Quote from: jedduh01 on December 21, 2016, 08:48:23 AM
That Locomotive has a nice Flordia history!

http://www.steamlocomotive253.org/history

Thank you for that info I had no idea that was even happening, I shared with friend.

They need to do more to make themselves known.

Jims5543

How the 88 325IS got its name, we found this under the hood.

Had to get under it the other day and determine which drive shaft is has.

My son ordered the Driveshaft for it and a new timing belt and water pump.  I gave him a Christmas present of full tune up and oil change things. Like plugs wires cap rotor oil filter and fuel filter.  He did not order a new tensioner spring and plug for the timing belt so I got them for him too.

We will be spending a lot of the holiday weekend getting Cock and Balls ready for the road.

94touring

16pt adjustable gaz shocks and lowered shock mounts.  Two post bump stops.  4.gif

MiniDave

So, are the pins on the shock mounts higher than those on regular shock mounts, or are the shocks just shorter?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The pins are different but I'm not sure by how much yet.  Will get a comparison soon.

John Gervais

I'd be curious to know this - I've had them on my car for ions and I suspect the pin is simply around ½" higher up.  I never checked when I installed them.
- Pave the Bay -

John Gervais

Quote from: 94touring on December 21, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
Gots me a big torque wrench for putting this motor back together.

Great picture - well done!

I got to use my new wire crimping tool today.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

I have a tool to crimp those big lugs on heavy wire, mine uses a hammer rather than a lever.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

John Gervais

I've tried the hammer-type before and I'm really impressed with this tool in that it removes any guesswork as to how hard to hit - this gives the same crimp every time.  You sit in a chair, adjust the screw to the wire size (sq. mm.), open the jaws, rest one handle' against your thigh (the handles have broad flats at the ends), place the wire & connector in in the jaws and voila - .   I've read online that some mount it to a 2x6 which makes it easier to control the wire - I haven't the space for that sort of luxury.  Could also just rest it across the workbench, but mine's a mess right now.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/173/heavy-duty-battery-terminal-crimp-tool

Now I'm thinking that I need a bigger battery cable...
- Pave the Bay -