A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

94touring

Lol I feel like I'm the only guy ssuccessfully daily driving a 400+rwhp rotary engine.  I've only been doing it for my entire adult life.

MPlayle

Lol.

Even more admirable is how well you receive the teasing about it.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 26, 2016, 08:20:47 PM
Lol I feel like I'm the only guy ssuccessfully daily driving a 400+rwhp rotary engine.  I've only been doing it for my entire adult life.

Same here, many many miles on my 500+ HP Rotary pushed hard and driven like a maniac always, never a problem.

My RX8 on the other hand..... it was not a matter of if it would blow, it was when, that is why I sold and got a E30.

I have Rotard plans in the next 2-3 years that are sacrilege, I cannot wait.

Hint:

FF5 Cobra with a 20B Turbo....

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Saw this on some rednecks truck today. Merica!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

I'll say it, thank you for jump seating 2 planes in each direction, then almost getting robbed by an uber driver just to meet me for a few hours on a Sunday night. It was fantastic after being e-friends for 16 years to finally fuckin meet.

Tulsa is on my to do list now.

Saw a jackass today.

seems him and his friends are Trumps Supporters. There is a joke here somewhere.

Was trying to take a picture of the instrument (we call it a gun) where you can see the aperture though the lens. didn't work, but I was working in a nice place today so share I will.

94touring

The uber event almost turned into a major buzz kill.   11.gif.  To his credit he was very apologetic and sincere when he finally drove back to the airport. 

Get out to Tulsa! 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 10, 2016, 07:07:23 PM
The uber event almost turned into a major buzz kill.   11.gif.  To his credit he was very apologetic and sincere when he finally drove back to the airport. 

Get out to Tulsa!

I was getting ready to ruin my day to come help, I was stressing out and it was not my stuff.

Glad it all worked out o.k.

I cannot believe that hotel did not have an airport shuttle.

94touring

They had a 2 mile radius from the hotel but considering the airport was maybe 5 miles and 10 minutes away with traffic it would serve them well to do an airport run.  I know that's a deal breaker for a guy that travels as much as I do, unless it's a special event like this.  It was certainly no big deal and super cheap.  The hotel did offer a cab when I left.

Jims5543

Well, I could have picked a hotel across from the airport but there is nothing there to do unless you want to drink beers in a really shitty dive bar, not a good one or a strip club. LOL.

Willie_B

Jims5543

Bought my sons dog, Dr. Gonzo a new dog tag.

Jims5543

Joined the wife and kid in Orlando for a couple of days of relaxation, well for them, I just finished spending the morning checking drafting and sending clients their surveys.

So we would not have 2 cars in Orlando I rented a Hertz 1 way, got this POS and beat the living snot out of it.

Risked my life passing this Mustangs and knowing they were somewhere behind me.

We are in Universals Cabana Bay Resort, it is a 60's retro resort and really cool.

Introduced my son to one of those old fashioned pay phones.

Went to the Jack Lalanne Gym this morning. LOL!!

Complete with 60's era TV show.

Cabana Bay is cool, I like the Hard Rock better mostly because it is closer to the parks and the rooms there get you free Speed passes, but this is pretty nice for the price.

OK, off to see what kind of trouble we can get into.

94touring

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

More nostalgia, once the Mini is done I told Mrs5543 I want to drive it up and spend a couple of nights at the Cabana bay in celebration. I am sure the Hotel would like me to Valet so they can park it out front.

Our Room:

My goofball son:

Common area by elevator.

Entrance to new King Kong ride in Islands. The fake mountains our behind look so real.

Ended up wandering around Downtown Orlando Saturday morning, walked around Lake Eola and ate ate a French Cafe for breakfast before heading home.

Good to be home.

Mudhen

I've never been a big vacation guy...didn't particularly care for Disney when we went a few years back, even.  But I'd go back to Universal in a heartbeat.  Maybe it's just that the kids are getting older and more fun now...jealous of you living so close!  The Kong ride and the refurb'd Hulk look like they'll both be incredible.  Maybe next year.  4.gif

Passed this truck on the highway a little bit ago...

MPlayle

It is too shiny and unblemished to deserve the label along the top of the windshield.

Jims5543

St. Death, see that coming up behind you and you move out of the way.

It has been raining here a little.

94touring

MPlayle

It's been raining like that here most of the week.  More is expected.

Too many "St. Death" type decorations in south and west Texas to have any impact.  Here we look at what it is attached to as to whether the driver cares about adding damage to his car or not when whacking you.  If attached to a clean, straight SUV like that one, no worries.  If attached to the 'Mad Max' style beater - get out of the way!

MiniGene

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 13, 2016, 08:24:03 AM

That hotel looks super cool.  I cracked up at this pic because it looks like Jack LaLanne just sharted!

Jims5543

My car friends nicknamed my the "The Iceman" after Kimi Raikkonen  of F1 fame.  He is a very calm and cool character that shows very little emotion. If he is delighted, the corners of his mouth turn up slightly.

So he had a tag on the front of his E30, "Iceman" this seemed to have been taken wrong by the police. Turns out Meth is also referred to Ice.  So an Iceman could be interpreted as a Meth dealer. He got pulled over and his car searched, a LOT.

He took the tag off the it stopped.

But I like the Nickname, so I got him a new tag.