Armycook saying hello to everyone again

Started by Armycook, April 03, 2017, 05:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armycook

It's been awhile. Sold the rally cooper to Jet motors up in oregon. Bought this 1964 Mk1 (was a Morris Cooper according to the Heritage certificate but so much upgraded repros of parts both inside and out and panels has been replaced and hard to tell now if it's really a Cooper)

But anyway, it's a very straight solid car it's just that few issues in the engine bay. But thought i'd say hello to everyone again :)

gr8kornholio

Hello from a recent new comer.  Looking forward to hearing about and seeing more of the mini.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

towjoe

Congratulation on new car. When you have the chance send some photos,
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

Armycook

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

Very nice looking car for your next project.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

Yes sir! Will make a replica of this infamous CRX90B. But hopefully this one I'd get to keep and not sell. Already got the most parts for the exterior. Waiting on the cooper S replica alloy wheels and perspex light covers from minisport. Found out later on their Cooper S replica wheels are "bright white" and not Old english white so guess i'll have to repaint those.

MiniDave

How does the rally placard attach to the boot?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

You going with the chunky knobby tires too?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Armycook

Last time I used socket button head bolts to mimic rivets as I didn't want chisel and mess up the skin of the trunk if i decide to make repairs in the plate. So might be doing that again. I had to drill a bigger hole in the back to secure the nut.

Armycook

I haven't looked at where I can get those tires but I've been busy and lucky finding little online stores to find hard to find monte carlo rally competition parts like Tommy T-bars, works light brackets and switches but i'm focusing on the exterior right now. Currently I just finished transcribing from the old 8mm/16mm 1965 monte carlo film the front white on black license plate vinyl on Adobe Illustrator.

Armycook

I like this car way better because it has proper tartan red and old english white paint and the body is very straight and newly restored. Almost every nut and bolt hardware is brand new although a few parts have been upgraded not to original cooper spec. This is a very nicely dressed 850.