MiniMeet West 2023

Started by tmsmini, June 28, 2023, 08:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsmini

Having some fun at MMW 23 in Santa Maria California

MiniDave

I've been following on Facebook!

My friend Rick Higgs came down from Vancouver (yellow wagon, called Roo) but the guy running with him lost his motor, so they're having to double up.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

You can see Rick's wagon in the back of one of he pictures. His plan is to make it to Spearfish next year. Today is his 80th birthday!

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

That is our plan as well, perhaps doing RT 66 on the way out.

It is/was our plan to to take the tin wagon, but the injection set up is not running well on this short 300 mile trip...

Scargo

Terry,

Please ask Rick to check his email from me a few days ago. I'd like to get a response sooner than his return home after the event.

Thank you,
Howard

skmini

Hmmmm. South Dakota is a lot easier for me to drive to than California.  Tempting.

MiniDave

You should come! The area is beautiful, tons of great roads to drive!  :steeringwheel:

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

What is the spearfish thing? We have vacationed up there many times. More in Custer state park than spearfish but I have been to spearfish many times as well.

Scargo

Spearfish, S.D. is where East Meets West Mini Meet will be held in 2024. Further information will be announced af the conclusion of both of this year's individual east and west Mini Meets.

tmsmini

If we are to make it to Spearfish, I need to get to work as we burned a half quart on the way back...

MiniDave

Doesn't really seem like a lot? How many miles to that half quart? Sure it was burned and not just leaked out?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad