Started by tmsmini, September 15, 2022, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I forget about APT. Jack Holdaway used to work for them.
Never ordered direct from ARP, but it looks like I can.

tmsmini

Might have spoken too soon about ordering from ARP direct.
Even cheaper here:
https://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/206-4204/10002/-1

Never ordered BMC parts from Jegs...
Minor detail on ordering from Jegs:
This item is estimated to ship 12/13/22.

MiniDave

That's a good price - as long as you're not in a hurry!  8.gif 77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

I ordered a set last year around this time from Mini Sport, and they arrived after the new year.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

tmsmini

I am not in a hurry as it is for a spar set of engine parts I have.
The prices seems to be all over the place. Oddly cheaper in the UK for an ARP set except with shipping.

I seem to remember along time ago, people said that you could buy a set for a V8, maybe an SBC and split it in two for half the price. Never knew anyone who did it though.

tmsmini

Stud set arrived, so about 8 weeks. I was afraid the order would be cancelled at some point.

PoolGuy

Oddly cheaper in the UK for an ARP set except with shipping.
[/quote]
In the UK, last two sets I've ordered from Summit, currently $103.

tmsmini

I usually check Summit as I get items in a day from their Reno distribution center and yes still cheaper:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-206-4204

cstudep

I buy a lot of things through Summit Racing, they ship fast and their customer service has been absolutely stellar anytime I have needed it. I recently bought a whole bunch of custom brake line fittings, lines, etc... for a project I have been working on. One of the packages was supposed to have 2 fittings in it and it only had one. I contacted them to see if I could get one sent and got a canned response that it could be several days for them to get to my email.

I could not wait so I went ahead and ordered another one, along with a few more parts I needed and another line I mis-measured. I paid for 2 day shipping at $35. I got an email the next day, and then a call saying they saw the order and that they would completely refund my shipping costs along with the cost for the part that was missing, which they did. So I got the missing fitting plus and extra, along with the other parts I ordered 2 days later for free shipping.