Not sure I've ever done this

Started by 94touring, October 04, 2009, 12:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Built another tow bar for someone today and needed to swing by the hardware store to pick up a piece of steel.  While I was there I bought some gloves and some items for the air compressor I scored at harbor freight this morning.  I get home and the 4 foot long steel bar I bought is no where to be found.  Aparantly I set it down while loading the other items and just drove off.  So....drove back and bought another.   >:(

Willie_B

Well, that inhales rapidly. Hope you didn't set it down on top of the car and forget it.

94touring

Pretty sure I had leaned it up against the rear while opening the trunk.  I'm still unclear as to what I did exactly. 

xcc_rider

That ranks right up there with the time I saw my lunch (in a corellware dish) launch off my roof and bounce off the hood into an intersection. I put it on the roof and forgot it until the first quick stop!

I have benefited from others though, I've gotten a free 100 ft garden hose and a case of water bottles that were left on the bottom of carts in parking lots.   dan

batman1usa

;D  sINCE we're fessin up to stupid stunts.....
  While on a trip back from Iowa in the Mini with my brother.  We stopped for fuel and a soda.  I started the fuel and walked in and got me a BIG drink.  Came back set the drink on top of sunroof and finished fueling etc.  Grabbed my receipt jumped in the car and eased off.  As I was nearing and intersection I made the remark about some people gauking at me like I was stupid or something.  As I turned the corner I heard this rush of sounded like ice spilling across a roof?...... MORON>>>>> as I looked up towards the sound I seen the remnants of my 44oz drink going across my sunroof and down the windshield and side of the car.    Boy that coca cola would have tasked good with the crow I was eating for the thought I had towards the dummies looking at me.
  I just kept on goin and didn't look up and ducked into the first carwash to hose off.   ::)

94touring

For a second I thought maybe you drove off with the gas nozzle still in the tank, lol.  Ouch. 

MiniGene

Quote from: 94touring on October 07, 2009, 08:09:28 PM
For a second I thought maybe you drove off with the gas nozzle still in the tank, lol.  Ouch. 

That reminds me of a funny story from a few years back.  The family and I were driving from North Carolina to Arkansas to visit the in-laws.  We stopped at a gas station right before Asheville to use the bathroom.  The bathroom door was locked and we had to wait FOREVER for this guy to come out.  He came out very hurriedly and with his sunglasses on, which seemed weird.  That was until we went in and discovered he had clogged the toilet and made a huge mess!  Well, I guess he was in the middle of filling up his car when he decided to take HIS pit stop and was so embarrassed about the toilet he drove off with the gas nozzle still in!  Hahaha  My kids thought the whole story was hilarious!

94touring

LOL.  There is a picture of a car caught driving down the road with the nozzle and most of the hose dragging behind it. 

Minicop

:D Great thread! I used to work at a gas station and in Oregon you cannot pump your own gas, an attendant comes out and does it for you. So a lady in an SUV pulls up and I go out to help her. I get to her window and she hands me her credit card and asks me to fill it up. So I run her card in the pump and started to fill the car up. I gave her back her card and she thanks me and turns on the engine and starts to drive off!! I started yelling and she stops as the hose gets taunt!! Just in time!! She backed up and obviously felt like a complete itiot! Hahaha!!

There was another guy one time, he must have just bought this brand new Dodge truck. It still had dealer stickers on it. He was towing a nice boat and he started to turn into the station. Well, he didn't know how to drive because he started to scrape his brand new truck against one of those yellow polls to keep cars from hitting the pumps. It cut his truck open like a tin can! With lots of "stylish" yellow paint transfer on his red paintjob!! About half way down the side of the truck bed, he finally stopped and relized what was happening. He backed out and sped off like crazy screaming and cussing all the way! I just stood there for about 5 minutes trying to grasp the stupidity of this guy and what just happened!! :D

I got one more... ;D The gas pumps where I worked had an emergency cut off deal for the hose in case someone drives off with the nozzle in their car. Well another guy did. This time he didn't stop fast enough. He broke the hose from the pump and the hose separated from the pump at the emergency cut off. It is supposed to stop the flow of fuel but it had never been used so it didn't close all the way. It immediatly started spraying a fine mist of fuel all over the surrounding area!! We hit the emergency fuel stop for the whole station (all the pumps shut down)! We called Haz-Mat and everything. We were shut down for a couple of hours, and nobody smoked for a while! :D

Lol! I haven't been on here in a while, been kinda busy. But I saw this thread and I had to post this pic! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Great stories!