Rent a Moke

Started by Jims5543, August 25, 2019, 06:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Sadly the new electric version.  But still cool. I may do this for a day next time I am down there.

https://keywestadventures.com/moke-rental-key-west
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

They have quite a range of vehicles to rent - a Mini roadster? Pretty cool stuff although why they chose black for a place that gets that hot?

Wonder if you can actually drive one of the Mokes for 9 hours without recharging - not that you'd want to drive it 9 hours straight but I wonder if it would last you all day in use? if not, where and how do you recharge it, and does that count against your rental time?

Still despite the 27 mph top speed it would be fun to tool around in one.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I can ride a bike across Key West in about 10 minutes.

You get the Moke for 9 hours but trust, me you would ruin out of places to drive in 2.

It is more of a run about while you are on the Island. 

Next time I am down there I will rent one for sure.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Yea we walked from the cruise ship port to the southern most tip in like an hour. It'd be a fun way to cruise around the island though.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.