F1 2020

Started by MiniDave, January 07, 2020, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Cars running at COTA.  Sorta.

Got this in my inbox:

We're in this race together.
Stop by Circuit of The Americas on Sunday for a Food Drive Like No Other on America's Only F1 Track!
Take a drive on our world-famous 3.4-mile track to collect donations for the Central Texas Food Bank in a parade of unity, hope, and fun! Donations aren't required to participate but are encouraged. Just $1 can produce up to four meals!

Together, we've already raised over $80,000! Chip in to help us get to our $100,000 goal before Sunday.
Donate Now
Germania Insurance will match up to $10,000 of donations. COTA and Austin Bold FC will match Germania's donation of $10,000.

COTA Food Drive Plan
At the COTA Food Drive, you can join your friends and neighbors safely from inside your vehicle at 20 MPH as you ascend the iconic "Turn 1" hill, weave through the challenging "esses" at Turns 3 and 4, and cruise down the same back stretch as the greatest drivers in Formula 1 have done!

For complete event information, visit TheCircuit.com/Donate.

Event Logistics

•   The event will take place on Sunday, May 10th from 12-5 PM.
•   No touch donation drop-off locations will be available in the COTA garages, which you'll pass through to get onto the track. Online donations are recommended.
•   Commissioner Brigid Shea and Commissioner Margaret Gomez will lead the first parade lap.
•   Everyone is asked to stay in their vehicle during the duration of this event. All other areas of COTA are closed.
•   Donations aren't required, but are recommended if you can chip in.
•   Please use the main COTA entrance off of FM-812 and follow the signs through Lot A to the Paddock.
•   No cars on the track are to exceed 20 MPH.
•   Window signs and car flags are encouraged!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Nice event, but 20 mph max??????
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Guess Austin is missing their traffic jams.  This sounds cool but damn I can't imagine the traffic, you will not be able to do over 20. Hope they got fill up stations along the way.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.