Put on your Tin foil hat and come on in....

Started by Jims5543, May 25, 2016, 01:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

I hope the hysteria dies down a bit.  Geez, you'd think the temporary travel ban was a massive disruption based upon the total freak out in the media.   

According to what I read, of the 325,000 people arriving to the US this past weekend, 109 of them were detained.  Here in Dallas, home of the 4th busiest airport in the country, local news reported that 9 people were detained.  By Sunday afternoon, all those 9 had been released.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John Gervais

77.gif  Good choice in shopping at LL Bean - I'm a 3rd generation customer; Hyacinth and I receive packages 4 or 5 times per year, especially after having moved to Denmark 19 years ago.  Lifetime satisfaction warranty on everything they sell - they trust customers to be honest about ordinary wear and tear.  Everything ('cept tidy whities) in my wardrobe is from Bean's.  Someday, make a pilgramage up to the store(s) in Freeport, ME - where it all began.

I saw a 'news' story this morning on CNN - a family in Rutland, VT just getting started.  Big screen TV (mine is 26"), nice apartment and the happy couple is looking forward to a new beginning in Vermont.  I couldn't help but ask myself, why isn't he fighting to save his country?

Saw another interview on CNN, a Syrian refugee doctor who was giving his opinion about the airport delays.  I'm thinking, why did I need to hear the endless stories about how there were only 3 doctors in Allepo for thousands of trapped civilians in need of medical help?  Where was this guy?

Then, on CNN, a touching interview with a young 12 year old girl who was sold by her parents to marry a 71 year old guy from Oman.  After he got tired of holding her captive and raping her (after 2 months), the imam who married them had conveniently given the old pervert a post-dated divorce certificate.  She got a souvenir , though, has a daughter as a reminder of how sweet love can be...

In a lighter vein, how about this for funny -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/29/dont-call-pregnant-women-expectant-mothers-might-offend-transgender/
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

I have removed all my political posts from this thread.

Dave I am publicly apologizing to you for singling you out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you have yours I have mine. We may disagree and that is fine that is why there are more than two political parties and that is why we have elections. If everyone thought the same and had the same philosophy there would be no need for elections.

I will not be discussing Politics on this board anymore, I have all my adult life stayed out of the political arena and not even bothered with it. Going back to that here.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson