Recent posts

Events and Mini Clubs / Re: Mini East Meets West 2024 ...
Last post by Scargo - Today at 02:14:51 PM
From the Planning Committee:

Folks, on behalf of the organizing committee for Mini Meet East-West 2024 in Spearfish, SD from July 8-11, 2024, thank you so much for pre-registering for this very fun event. This every-five-year event allows you the opportunity to see cars you may have never seen before.

The Committee has a full week's worth of activities planned for you and your family, and with Spearfish being in the middle of the Black Hills, there is so much great scenery and wonderful driving roads for you to enjoy. We don't care what you drive (well, partially true), we just wany you and your friends to come and enjoy the event.

Please spread the word... If you have Mini/MINI friends who may not have registered yet, please encourage them to do so before May 24th since that's when the "early bird discount" comes to an end (although Registration will be open into mid-June at the full price). And remind them this event is for classic Minis, new MINIs and KIDS TOO. We have several activities planned and special gifts just for the kids.

As a reminder, below is quick "high-level" summary of the Events Diary:

Monday, July 8: Registration and a Welcome Meet-n-Greet

Tuesday, July 9: Mini Meet Car Show and Auto-Cross early inspections

Wednesday, July 10: Auto-Cross and Funkhana

Thursday, July 11: Rally Through The Black Hills and Closing Banquet

In addition to these "High Level" events, there will be numerous other events taking place during the week including the panoramic photo, Hot Wheel and Rocker Cover Racing, and much more.

The town of Spearfish is a ten-minute drive from the hotel and is picturesque "Small-Town Americana". About 20 minutes away is the town of Deadwood, which reminds you of an old western town. And, if you've ever wondered what the motorcycle haven of Sturgis is like, that's also only 20 minutes away.

The website link is http://minimeeteastwest.com or https://minimeeteast.regfox.com/2024

Please reach out if you have any questions (24eastwest@gmail.com).

Looking forward to seeing you in less than eight weeks!! SAFE TRAVELS!!

Thanks

East-West 2024 Committee

I know some of the JBW sets come in versions meant specifically for disk brakes and some specifically for drum brakes.  The sets will look identical, but have different part numbers.  The disk brake versions will fit over both disks and drums, but the drum brake versions will only fit with drum brakes.

Perhaps your older set are a drum brake version?
I've only had experience with the MiniSport ones on Don's Pup, they bolted right up and worked perfectly - way better than the Wilwoods he had on there before.

So, what 4 pots are these? MiniSpare's version?

Are you trying to use them with ventilated discs?
I have minisport 4 pot calipers and had zero issues on my 10s.  They stop great too.  This is on my lightened blue mini with rear disc. This mini really stops!
Maintenance and Modifications / Re: Jet height HIF 44
Last post by 94touring - Today at 08:06:36 AM
The other up!
Last post by MiniDave - Today at 05:27:04 AM
Ri
Quote from: cstudep on May 09, 2024, 06:31:03 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 09, 2024, 08:01:48 AMActually Dave the sensor should be facing upwards, typically between 3 and 9 oclock. It's to keep moisture out of the sensor and fouling it.

I think we are probably all talking the same thing, just from different end of it. When I said pointing up I was referencing it via the tail end with the plug, so it would be pointing up. Pretty sure you are saying the same thing since the 3-9 you mentioned is what I was remembering when I mentioned it. I think when Dave says it should point down, he is referencing it from the other end of it, so the sensor end would point down into the pipe so it can drain, which would mean the tail end would be pointing up like we want it LOL.

Right, that's what I meant.....end that goes in the pipe faces downward  :great:
Last post by 94touring - May 09, 2024, 09:29:34 PM
Ha, well so long as the bung is on the top side between 3 and 9 or 9 and 3 depending which way the clock is turning
Maintenance and Modifications / Re: Lightweight Starter Batter...
Last post by Shrimps - May 09, 2024, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: Red Riley on April 16, 2024, 05:36:59 AMI bought my Odyssey battery at the Batteries+ store. Pro tip: when it gets within a month or two of the guaranteed free replacement date, take it back and get a new one for free. They don't ask whether it's good or bad, they just hand you a new one.
Is the guaranteed free replacement a Batteries+ thing or Odyssey battery thing?

I bought mine from FCP Euro and they claim a lifetime warranty on their parts.  Supposedly valid for oil too.  :idunno:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
Last post by cstudep - May 09, 2024, 06:31:03 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 09, 2024, 08:01:48 AMActually Dave the sensor should be facing upwards, typically between 3 and 9 oclock. It's to keep moisture out of the sensor and fouling it.

I think we are probably all talking the same thing, just from different end of it. When I said pointing up I was referencing it via the tail end with the plug, so it would be pointing up. Pretty sure you are saying the same thing since the 3-9 you mentioned is what I was remembering when I mentioned it. I think when Dave says it should point down, he is referencing it from the other end of it, so the sensor end would point down into the pipe so it can drain, which would mean the tail end would be pointing up like we want it LOL.
Last post by bikewiz - May 09, 2024, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on May 09, 2024, 07:54:16 AMPlacement is not critical as to length, so anywhere after the Y pipe is good, but closer is better. You want it pointing downward, not up - so that any moisture can drain out. But, there's not a lot of room under there, so it goes where it will fit.

I like the metal dash, I'm going to do something like that with my hot rod.....

I noticed the double gauge, this late model car should already have a temp gauge, doesn't it?
The SS dash is 14 gauge SS sheet laminated over a marine plywood base, the 3 clock has a binnacle to house the stock cluster. I bought it from a guy in Florida probably 10 years ago.

The 3 clock cluster does have a temp gauge it works, kind of... I did the dual temp/oil pressure gauge for a more accurate representation of the actual temp, it's plumbed into the head at the corner where older cars have the heater output so it sits in the water jacket.