The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Also, I apologize for not being more of a party, I have scaled back a ton these last few weeks and have cut out all weeknight beers until further notice.

A couple on the weekends is what I am limiting myself to now.

I am so depressed.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

This past week I went hard but need to go back to chill mode.  I feel like crap. 

Jims5543

It has been a day.. I have been all over the place... from Yeungling Lager to Laginitas IPA to this fancy stuff right here.... Bimini Twist, seems so fitting for a Florida IPA.

Yes, it is pretty good, 7% IBU was in the 60's IIRC and had a decent citrus taste to it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

Jim you're fucking me up with the stolen identity/avatar of Dan's I just glance at that to see who's posting. It's like Dan is having a conversation with himself LOL. That goes for No name here merlin as well but it is funny as hell after the boison deal.

Jeff

94touring

There's been a few times I couldn't remember posting a reply, only to realize it wasn't me lol.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on November 08, 2015, 08:03:55 PM
Jim you're fucking me up with the stolen identity/avatar of Dan's I just glance at that to see who's posting. It's like Dan is having a conversation with himself LOL. That goes for No name here merlin as well but it is funny as hell after the boison deal.

Jeff

I need to change it back, it was fun.

Some day I am going to get an answer out of you. The Bill Murray picture, you a fan of BM or a fan of BFM? 

Am I among a fellow Chiver?

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on November 08, 2015, 09:28:51 PM
There's been a few times I couldn't remember posting a reply, only to realize it wasn't me lol.

That's happened to me a few times in this thread, only in my case I actually realized it was me!   :-[

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on November 09, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

That's happened to me a few times in this thread, only in my case I actually realized it was me!   :-[

Lulz!!! Whiskey makes me stupider. There have been mornings where I went to my browsing history to make sure I did not make too big of an ass of myself the night before.

Hence my having a no computer when drinking rule now.

Ever had a Amazon package show up and have no idea you ordered anything?

Did you know Amazon sells sex toys?

I am trying to wrap up here are the office then it is time for a Bimini twist.  ;D

I want to go home!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 09, 2015, 03:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mudhen on November 09, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

Lulz!!! Whiskey makes me stupider. There have been mornings where I went to my browsing history to make sure I did not make too big of an ass of myself the night before.

Hence my having a no computer when drinking rule now.

Ever had a Amazon package show up and have no idea you ordered anything?

Did you know Amazon sells sex toys?

I am trying to wrap up here are the office then it is time for a Bimini twist.  ;D

I want to go home!!!!

:D

Mudhen

Schnikeys.

The name is appropriate.  Only second to 'Session Ender IPA'.

G'knight.

Jims5543

Brevard North Carolina huh?  Next time I am up making a mountain run, I think I am going to seek that place out..... and get a hotel walking distance away...  ;D

MiniDave

Be sure to go to Opie's Toy Store while you're in Brevard!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

How about this bad boy:

Dogfish Head...Higher Math.

17%.  It really did taste like cough syrup.  But had to try it.   62.gif

Merlin

I'm such a multitasker, that it has to be Mcallen 12 year and dual exhaust run at the same time.

See how the glass is holding down the muffler. That's a sign of a good Scotch.

Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Tried a local Oklahoma beer. 

Jims5543

Loving the Scotch muffler holder!

Also digging the Dogfishhead 17% the high octane stuff tends to lose flavor. The alcohol tends to take over.

Jims5543

So much happiness here....

94touring

Jims5543

I am being so bad this week. I woke up with a hangover this morning, swore off beer (until 6PM) and forgot I swore it off again.

LOVE that pic Dan looks like a nice spot to unwind, and tell stories.

94touring

It's my regular spot in Tulsa.  One of these days you need to visit.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 25, 2015, 06:42:24 PM
It's my regular spot in Tulsa.  One of these days you need to visit.

I am gonna have to try to do that, you still in the condo for now? When is the big move to the mini garage?

94touring

You need to check out the shop thread.  I've been renting the condo out starting last month.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 25, 2015, 07:12:56 PM
You need to check out the shop thread.  I've been renting the condo out starting last month.

I have been watching it, I was not sure if you were moved in there or just the cars were there.

So you drive back downtown to hit the bar?  Haders dad still there?

94touring

Oh yeah living there.  I was hanging with Hader this past Sunday and Monday.  It's a 30 minute drive door to door.  Up side is I spend less drinking cause I have to drive home. 

Jims5543

Ouch! 30 minute drive? I am sure you made some really cool friends there, so it is worth the drive.