What is this?

Started by sparetimetoys, July 29, 2014, 02:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

I went up to minifrisco's house last night to see his car. Aroundhisrear wheel wells it has a flattened out section about 2 inches wide. This is on both sides and it's like a factory body line. My car doesn't have it and I don't see it in other car pictures.  It's hard to see but zoom in around the back wheel.  I am going to keep looking at photos of other cars but it has me puzzled.  http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=607.0;attach=2131;image
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

minifrisco

Here is another picture

tsumini

Almost looks like mini flares. Is the area raised? almost like a tapered layer of bondo not very thick.
just wondering there must be some artist out there that can paint "flares".

sparetimetoys

No its flat and both sides are the same. It looks like original stamping I didnt know if the the side stamping varied by the plant it was made in.

sparetimetoys

Driving home today I was noticing the rear wheel arches on Toyota tundra or could have been Tacomaare shaped like this also saw it on an Altima

tsumini

Hmmm... I meant arches. Saw some similar arch treatments on new vehicles. I think you can see the inside sheetmetal where it meets the wheel well to see if it's shaped from the inside.