Woody wagon project

Started by macmanron, March 28, 2010, 08:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macmanron

I will have to check that! YOur son been driving the mini??
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

MEhinger

Yes Ron, I drove it for a while before I gave it to him and he has put some miles on it since. Of course there have been some interesting stories but it is doing well. It will certainly be at MME in July.

macmanron

I found a set, 4 (plus a spare) of wheels for the woody wagon: Oh yea, they came with the hub-caps too! :

1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

MiniGene

Those wheels are SWEET!  I have a soft spot in my heart for steelies with the moondish hubcaps.

macmanron

Well, the trip to Carlisle was very fruitful. I picked up a whole sewn seat mk1 interior, seats door cards etc. for the woody, i had been looking for a set of front sewn seats for a while now. I also came away with a like new mini manual, red type, and a very nice white morris mini minor manual. Workshop originals. I also scored a drivers handbook for the morris mini minor woody.

MEhinger

macmanron

Willie_B

Looks like you got a great deal on that one. Good job man. 4.gif

macmanron

Well, I haven't done really anything to the Woody for quite some time. Screen printing business is good right now and I need to get the jobs in and out while I have them. I did order quite a few panels today, wings, outer A-panels, door steps, windscreen scuttle, sunframe mounting bracket LH / RH.  I will order some more soon after I build up my mad money account again!

macmanron

Got some of my panels yesterday, and will order another big order as soon as money transfers go through. I should have almost everything I need. Still need to figure out about the floors/sills.

94touring

Good deal.  Still waiting on my sills and door frames. 

macmanron

94touring

Gbcarparts but he was out of stock on the pickup stuff so had to special order.  No biggie, still saved money.

macmanron

Still trying to order with m-machine, they dont get in a big hurry! supposedly being packed up this week. That should give me just about all the panels I need less the floor parts, and one front wing.

94touring

Ah good good.  Where are you getting floors from?

macmanron

not sure what I am going to do about the floors. I don't know if I will replace the whole floor or just the fronts.

macmanron

M-Machine parts will be here on Friday!!!! Next week should be fun!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

94touring

Can't wait to see them pics. 

macmanron

Got the parts today, very impressed with them. The cross member is super stiff and strong. Everything else looks good, but will really be able to tell when I get the parts next to the car. Now to save up some more mad money so I can buy some more parts!!!

macmanron

OK, Started to offer up the panels to the car the other day and came up with this: The door steps I bought aren't the right ones. After ordering them, and cutting one up I am now told that the ones I bought are for an internal hinge car. The web-site failed to mention there was a difference. not happy!  (M-Machine panels were fine)  I really only need the front part. So now I have two of these that arent worth the shipping to go back to the UK. Where do I buy the correct ones??????  Dan, I saw you replaced yours on the pick-up, where'd you get those???? Here is a pic:

Also, what I am working with the panel for behind the inner A panel, seems to be lacking enough metal to go behind the inner a panel and door edge. Man, can't these suppliers get these descriptions right??

Anyone need the rear parts for their car??? 

94touring

I'll need to get on a computer to take a look at that inner a panel, but gbcarparts has the door frame panel you need.  He ordered two extra when I got mine.  About 60 bucks a pop.  I can send a link to them if that will help.

macmanron

yes, please do. I got the parts and now I wait again!

94touring

Ok, well that inner panel for the A panel you have there may or may not be whats needed.  See all I did was cut out a strip of rusted metal and fab up a new piece of metal to attach my A panels to.  The lip and curvature of the A panel has to sit along the lip of the door frame either way, so its either gona work or not.  Wouldn't stress over that piece, get a good fit to the door from with the A panel and see what you need to do behind it to make it weld up flush. 

Here is what you need for the door frame.  Bummer you got the wrong one. 

http://www.gbcarparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BD%2DMS47L       

94touring

Oh wait, I think I figured this out.  Look at the picture I attached and the red circle.  This is that door frame panel I had overlaying to test out fitments, notice the additional metal that would appear to line up to where you're short on your piece.  Yes?   
Looks like the proper order of panel fitment would be door frame welded to that piece you have, then inner and outer Apanels fitted.  I cut off a good bit of that excess end off since I was hitting up against what I fabbed up.  Makes sense now. 

macmanron

You are correct I'm gonna just buy some mk1 door steps. All I need is the front part