Recent posts

Maintenance and Modifications / Re: Jet height HIF 44
Last post by bikewiz - Today at 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on Today at 07:54:16 AMPlacement is not critical as to length, so anywhere after the Y pipe is good, but closer is better. You want it pointing downward, not up - so that any moisture can drain out. But, there's not a lot of room under there, so it goes where it will fit.

I like the metal dash, I'm going to do something like that with my hot rod.....

I noticed the double gauge, this late model car should already have a temp gauge, doesn't it?
The SS dash is 14 gauge SS sheet laminated over a marine plywood base, the 3 clock has a binnacle to house the stock cluster. I bought it from a guy in Florida probably 10 years ago.

The 3 clock cluster does have a temp gauge it works, kind of... I did the dual temp/oil pressure gauge for a more accurate representation of the actual temp, it's plumbed into the head at the corner where older cars have the heater output so it sits in the water jacket.
The Lounge / Re: Freon costs
Last post by 94touring - Today at 08:03:43 AM
Yeah the dryer is on the list and I have a can of compressor oil.  Someday...
Last post by 94touring - Today at 08:01:48 AM
Actually Dave the sensor should be facing upwards, typically between 3 and 9 oclock. It's to keep moisture out of the sensor and fouling it.
The Lounge / Re: Freon costs
Last post by MiniDave - Today at 07:58:15 AM
I know the feeling - just put it on my list!  :rolleyes:

Probably need to replace the receiver/dryer now if it's been open a  while?

My household A/C has been working just fine, so I'm going to put off doing anything to it for now. I made sure the outside coil and the A-coil were both clean and the condenser fan comes on instantly - I replaced the start/run cap  a couple years ago with what the technician said was a much better quality cap, although the original lasted about 8-10 years.

I think I put this A/C unit in around 2008, so it's held up pretty well - Lenox unit. It was a lot of work to get it to fit the newer furnace I installed a couple years before as the more efficient furnaces have much smaller plenums. It's terrible where I had to put the condenser - the dryer vent is right there so I have to clean the damn coil a lot!
Last post by MiniDave - Today at 07:54:16 AM
Placement is not critical as to length, so anywhere after the Y pipe is good, but closer is better. You want it pointing downward, not up - so that any moisture can drain out. But, there's not a lot of room under there, so it goes where it will fit.

I like the metal dash, I'm going to do something like that with my hot rod.....

I noticed the double gauge, this late model car should already have a temp gauge, doesn't it?
Last post by bikewiz - Today at 04:07:16 AM
Quote from: cstudep on May 08, 2024, 08:29:00 PMI need to get this done on mine, I highly doubt mine will look that good though. Where is the best place on the exhaust to weld the bung in? After the Y pipe I assume but does it matter how far past? I know you are supposed to mount it so that it is pointed up a bit to keep moisture out of the sensor.
Not much choice on my car I put it where it would fit under the car after the "y" collector which ends up just after the shifter. It's about half way from the "y" and the center resonator.
Last post by bikewiz - Today at 03:56:07 AM
Quote from: 94touring on May 08, 2024, 08:14:42 PMThats a fancy bung!  Show quality bung work  :grin:
That's because my stainless welding skills aren't what you'd call pro. Making sure I had good penetration and full coverage created a lot of weld, best to grind it down so it didn't look like one of those Youtube vids where "my friend fixed my exhaust" :great:
Last post by cstudep - May 08, 2024, 08:29:00 PM
I need to get this done on mine, I highly doubt mine will look that good though. Where is the best place on the exhaust to weld the bung in? After the Y pipe I assume but does it matter how far past? I know you are supposed to mount it so that it is pointed up a bit to keep moisture out of the sensor.
Last post by 94touring - May 08, 2024, 08:14:42 PM
Thats a fancy bung!  Show quality bung work  :grin:
Last post by bikewiz - May 08, 2024, 07:43:04 PM
Figuring that with all of the needles I have they won't do much until I can get good data, so I started down the path of getting the AFR gauge installed. Something to do on a dreary day off.
Welded in the bung, got the exhaust reinstalled, and cut a hole for the gauge. I just need to wire the power in and get tuning.