85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davisio

Car cover ordered.

Still can't find any sunglasses I like....

94touring

Davisio

Davisio

94touring

It sure is and I'm making my trans con back across the country to work on your car.

94touring

Dent and ding hunting day.  A couple minor ones on the roof and a couple minor ones on the right side, the damage in the left rear quarter and of course the rear end around the tail lights.  Should be good to go, lots more sanding obviously.  Got some sealer/filler on the front and filler primer on the attention spots. 

94touring

Had boxes upon boxes of parts waiting on me when I got into town.  The picture does not do this dash justice.  Its sweet looking in person. 

Davisio

Rock!
It's looking more and more like "a car" every day.
17.gif

94touring

More of the same today.  Roof is ready for paint, body is 80 percent prepped.  I still have to sand blast the engine bay, skin the doors/mount them, before I can paint the body.  Almost there...  My cheap pneumatic block sander died on me this morning so I got to revert to manual block sanding.   20.gif  Now back to my day job. 

biketesting

It is hard to believe this is the same car.
Disregard all the above text, it is flatulence (still)

94touring

She's come a long way.  I'm getting antsy to get home and finish up the prep so I can start putting together all the new parts after the paint job.  Haven't even begun to open them all up there's so much new stuff going on.

Twichel04

Quote from: biketesting on August 23, 2013, 10:35:43 AM
It is hard to believe this is the same car.

You're not kidding... I sit here reading this thread, kicking my self for selling her  50.gif  Great work Dan, she's looking great!

jedduh01

Looks GREAT!.  I like how you isolate the "finished" inside from the rest of the body now that you want to concentrate on th exterior stuff.

Another "goner" saved!!!

Twichel04

I don't think she was a "goner" I was daily driving that car up till the week before I sold it to Dan. She needed the restoration, absolutely, but she was far from gone.

94touring

Twichel04

Davisio

Car cover arrived.

Still haven't bought sunglasses.

94touring

I'm trying to get home. 

94touring

Ha upside down. (now right side up)  Number ten in line.   Two flights to go then two flights home. Gona be a long day.

Davisio

rock on

inverted taxi'ing is overrated. [I hear]

Twichel04

94touring

Just got home from a day working on the car and was all ready to post pics, but I left the camera at the shop.  :-[   But I was able to rebuild a door, and half way done rebuilding the other door.  Both doors required a lot of panel work on the bottoms and of course new skins.  One needed a new track installed and the glass aligned since it was a bit skewed when rolling up and down.  Time consuming to say the least.  Fitted the finished door and I'm very happy with the fit.  I guess the plan tomorrow is to finish the 2nd door, fit it, and prep them.  Was hoping to get some more paint on something this week, like back of the hood and boot lid, but we'll see.   

Davisio

I like paint.

Paint is good.

4.gif

94touring

Me too, means I can put it back together so I can be done.  Lunch break, second door done, fitted, and prepping both. 

94touring

Ok doors.

This was the better looking of the two actually.

Then I got to spend time fixing things like this...

After some investigating and comparing to my other factory boot lids I found that the problem was where the bracket fits on the back of the boot lid was not positioned properly.

And after it was all said and done I did manage to get some blue on something.

Things yet to do:  Sand blast engine bay.  Weld captive nuts for the shock tower brackets where all of them were destroyed/rusted away.  Prep back side of doors and continue block sanding fronts.  Do a final sanding over everything and double, triple, quadruple check prep work.  If this thing doesn't look like a gazillion dollars I'm gona be mad.  Till next time  19.gif