The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I apologize for my posts last night. Possibly tonight...

I am having a rough week.

Good thing I drink like I am in Canada and not Australia.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Feeling really Canadian at the moment.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I have to log off now. Sorry.

94touring

Celebratory drinking tonight.  Bought my 3rd property today.  Jim...love you.

Jims5543

Batch atcha brother.  LOL!! Warsteiner! Nice choice.

I have been on a tear and I am backing back down again, I just LOVE beer.  Been enjoying Lagunitas and Dogfishhead a lot recently. I forgot how good 90 Minute IPA is.

Jims5543

Monday morning taking out the recycling bin, notice the insane amount of beer bottles from the last week, make a mental note that I need to start filling my growlers so there is less evidence of my debauchery.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 29, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
Monday morning taking out the recycling bin, notice the insane amount of beer bottles from the last week, make a mental note that I need to start filling my growlers so there is less evidence of my debauchery.

I enjoy taking mine up to the dump - standing at the bottle bin area and taking them out in front of all my neighbors.   :(

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on August 30, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: Jims5543 on August 29, 2016, 12:34:08 PM

I enjoy taking mine up to the dump - standing at the bottle bin area and taking them out in front of all my neighbors.   :(

LOL do you hang your head in shame?

I am starting to appreciate that growlers do not create evidence.

I am taking a diversion from beer anyway, I am going back to my love for whiskey / bourbon / scotch.  I joined this club called Flaviar, gonna mess with that for the winter.

https://flaviar.com/?gclid=CMfchJfk6c4CFVRZhgodCtIJdA

Mudhen

This is my growler box.  I've started throwing out duplicates (other than a few we frequent the most)...which used to happen quite a bit, never knowing where we may be and which brewery would be on our travels.

Now we usually go for the beer first...do whatever shopping is in that area instead.  Cuts down on the waste.   8.gif

My sister-in-law bought me a t-shirt for my birthday from a local brewery - can't wear it out without getting stopped - 'hey...where did you get that????'.  ::)

Jims5543

Love the tshirt!!! It is perfect!!

Fedex guy arrived today with a couple of bottles I ordered on their site. The reviews were good on them and the prices right where I spend for a good Whiskey.

I popped open the Mitchers and I am impressed. Really smooth great flavor and nice aftertaste.

Jims5543

Picked up a growler of IPA locally, the Equinox IPA @ 8.4% is should dull the pain from this Effin Mini later tonight.

Mudhen

Thunderclap IPA, Peak Juice, Partner Ships IPA, Von Trapp IPLager...yikes, I'm all in on this thread right now.  19.gif

Jims5543

I had a pint of the Castronovo Porter and it was really good.

Jims5543

My free sample box arrived, I get one of these every 3 months.

Looking forward to giving these a taste.

John Gervais

Ooohh, nice! - Dalwhinnie's 15 year old is my favorite scotch.  Absolutely love it.  I buy it at the local supermarket.

I treated myself to a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold last winter, which I really didn't expect to enjoy as much as the 'standard' 15 year old, as the Winter's gold should be served from the freezer.  T'was much better than I expected, and not as sweet as I'd imagined.  As it warmed up it took new nuances. 
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: John Gervais on September 06, 2016, 05:12:51 PM
Ooohh, nice! - Dalwhinnie's 15 year old is my favorite scotch.  Absolutely love it.  I buy it at the local supermarket.

I treated myself to a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold last winter, which I really didn't expect to enjoy as much as the 'standard' 15 year old, as the Winter's gold should be served from the freezer.  T'was much better than I expected, and not as sweet as I'd imagined.  As it warmed up it took new nuances.

Good to know, just from the sniff test I can tell I am going to like the Dalwhinnie a lot.   I am just learning Scotch's so this club should help me expand my knowledge. 

John Gervais

I probably should have joined a club, but having several supermarkets in the neighborhood and probably 15 or so different bottles to choose from, I simply bought a bottle now and then and either suffered through it, gave it to the wife or made a mental note that one was better than another. 
- Pave the Bay -

LilDrunkenSmurf

Details on said club?

My biggest issue is that my mom manages a local liquor store, so she just tells me to come by and buy X expensives scotches/bourbons/whiskeys.

It's terrible and great at the same time.

Mudhen

Quote from: John Gervais on September 06, 2016, 06:19:25 PM
gave it to the wife

Ok, hold on a sec...

(you didn't think we missed that comment, did you?  4.gif )

I want details on the club as well.  I have no clue about any of that stuff but would love to learn.

Jims5543

https://flaviar.com/

I can send invites for immediate access otherwise you have to wait a few days for them to send you an invite.

PM me your email address or better yet email me directly.

Jims5543@gmail.com

Jims5543

Lots of little breweries here in St. Petersburg. One was called Cycle Brewery in addition to having some killer drafts they had the coolest growler deal. They filled 32 oz cans and put a lid on them.

These breweries hiding the real problem.

Saw this in a shop downtown and laughed.

Jims5543

Told you I loved that Koval... I loved it so much I was feeling sad when the bottle started to get towards the half way mark. What is a girl to do?  Order more!!  Now I am happy again.

Excited to try this Japanese Whiskey. I have read that Japan loved Four Roses Whiskey, which I do too, and that Japan was one of their largest consumers.

If that is any indication as to what I am in store for I am looking forward to enjoying this one.

I also got smart and started having it shipped to my office, they are required to get an adult signature, no more worrying if someone is home.  Let the receptionist sign for it.

John Gervais

Neat!

I popped into my local wine/spirits shop today to buy some vodka and noticed that they have an extraordinary selection of whiskeys, brandies and scotches...  I think I saw the Koval on their shelves, as I remarked to the sales person (this time t'was a blonde girl from Sweden...) that I liked that particular style of bottle - there were 4 or 5 different whiskeys using that same bottle.  I might just go back in there and see if there's anything to buy.

So, why did I buy 6 bottles of vodka?  Now that I'm finally finished making marmelade (made 35 ½-liter jars this year; 25 jars blackberry, 5 jars mirabelle (wild plum) and 5 jars Damson), we've decided to make sloe liqueur and sloe gin.  Hyacinth and I picked sloe (blackthorn) drupes, known locally as 'slåen' - I think we picked around 4 kilos and they've been laid in the freezer.  I might pick some more the next time I'm at the estate. 

Last year we made a couple of liters vodka-based liqueur and it had the deepest crimson color - tasted pretty darned good too - so we decided to make a bit more this year.
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Man that sounds delicious. My wife loves Vodka drinks mostly due to the low calorie nature of them.

John Gervais

Honestly, its fantastic.   :D

There's been a slight stalling on the slåen-project, though hopefully resolved tomorrow.

My swinging-latch bottles (I think you call them growlers, but I've been afraid to ask "What's a growler" in order to avoid looking like a socially disconnected nerd) need new rubber seals and I thought I could just pop down to the restaurant supply shop and pick them up, but no dice.  So I looked online and found some, but won't have them 'quickly'.  I then remembered that there's a home-brewing beer & wine supply store about a mile away from my apartment - I drive past it every time I go to my garage, every time I go fishing or anywhere for that matter.  Sure enough, they've got them in stock, 20 pieces for around 3 dollars and they're open tomorrow.  They seem to have a bit of everything, so maybe I'll be making beer someday -

roedt-gummi-til-patentprop

We're hoping to start bottling the berries, vodka and sugar this weekend.  Thereafter it's only a 6 - 8 month waiting period...
- Pave the Bay -