The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilDrunkenSmurf

Running back and forth for another beer is good cardio.

94touring

Tonight's taste testing. 

Jims5543

Was able to taste back to back 2 very rare stouts this past weekend at Universal Studios. Both beers can only be purchased and consumed in the park, and for that reason they are stupid expensive, but hell, you only live once.

Wizards Brew:

https://untappd.com/b/florida-beer-company-wizard-s-brew/730244

And then right after it, Duff Dry:

https://untappd.com/b/florida-beer-company-duff-dry/379042

I preferred the Duff Dry over the Wizards Brew, I thought it had a better body and better overall taste. It was less bitter and just smoother.

I never had a chance to try both back to back so it was fun to do while the wife, kid and niece went on Men in Black.

I enjoyed both while eating a nice hot pretzel, it was a very good and relaxing time for me.   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniGene

In honor of the Queen, I had this tonight:

94touring

Jims5543

I really need to cut back on the beer, but with this hot weather there is nothing better than an ice cold one at the end of the day.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MPlayle

The label on the bottle in the second picture appears to be reversed.

John Gervais

Quote from: MPlayle on May 24, 2016, 02:04:30 PM
The label on the bottle in the second picture appears to be reversed.

Because she was leaving -
- Pave the Bay -

Mudhen

Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave?

Jims5543

Hmmm... never noticed the label backwards until it was pointed out.

Jims5543

Found this in total wine, was not disappointed.

Jims5543

Found out there is a new brewery in town, met my BIL there Sunday, it is called Side Door Brewery, they had a vary wide range of beers. I am going back to have some flights over time.

This was a Choc stout that was amazing. So amazing I grabbed a growler. 

94touring

I was a little sore this morning Jim.   

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 01, 2016, 04:10:33 PM
I was a little sore this morning Jim.

LOL!! Sometimes I have regrets too.

94touring

Jim has seen these, but here are a few from the other night.

MiniDave

Maybe this should be renamed to the "Beer Connoisseur thread"
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I think I was actually drunk when I first started it is what happened.

MiniDave

Ha!   Well, it's evolved then.....    ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

I was hurting the other morning...only had a single IPA in the fridge, how can I be hurting?

Ooo...there's a stout in the back of the fridge from last year.  Oh, and a couple ciders my sister-in-law brought over.

:(

Jims5543

Racing back to the office yesterday, I was driving back into a wall of badness....

So I did what any sane person would do and stopped off for a beer while I let it pass.

Making good use of my beer club membership, that is 32 oz. of Lagunitas IPA for $4. Yay!!

Trying to cut back on the beer consumption has caused me to go this way, cannot confuse my liver now, can I?

I think this was an evening after work where I declared it a fuck it evening.

Jims5543

Oh and I think I have been in the same place as this woman before.

Jims5543

Jims5543

Here is to a great weekend, hope you get the reference.

Jims5543

Late lunch today, ended up with some rare bombers for future enjoyment.

Seems if I am careful about not eating shit during the day I can enjoy beer in moderation, lost about 5 lbs this month so far, on July 1st things get hard core though. I made a resolution 4 weeks ago to start hitting the gym hard every weekday morning and some weekends. Once Mrs5543 commented I was getting girly arms I stepped up my gym game hard.  Shirt sleeves are getting tight again, dammit she was right.

Jims5543

After extensive research, I have discovered I am indeed Canadian, on the verge of Irish...

I had no idea...

Been there done that kid....