The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

What I learned yesterday.

Once you put a deposit and take a growler, it is yours for life, no returns. So the deposit, is really a purchase.

I had 3 growlers from the corner Gastropub. I decided I was going to return 2 and keep one, I went in for lunch yesterday and found this neat fact out.

I ended up leaving with 2 full growlers.   ;D

They have a good business model.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I am enjoying some Founders  Double Trouble IPA this evening. Do not judge my cape.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Ooo...I bet that's wicked good.   4.gif

Ya, I did the same thing regarding the growler returns.  Hate that.  I've started throwing out the duplicates - really no sense having them pile up!

Jims5543

Jims5543

Tonights poison Southern Tier Mocha Stout iirc 10% and it hits but has an amazing complicated taste.

Jims5543

Glad you liked it. I am accumulating quite a goody box for you good sir.

There is Dogfishhead event at the corner Pub tomorrow night, World Wide Stout on Draft and 120 IPA in bottles to name a couple of special beers available.

I might not sleep too good tonight excited with anticipation.  ;D

Jims5543

It is not every day you see Dogfishhead 120 on tap. I tried to get in to the keg tapping last night.... beyond capacity. I left.

The owner messaged me at 10 last night and told me that the keg never kicked. So here I am for a late lunch. He even saved a souvenir glass for me.

I think I love him....

jedduh01

I was gifted a beer for a mini job for a local bud.

Had no clue, Simple bottle... he ' shipped / brought it back from Cali by the case....

But after reading on beer advocate - Others say its pretty good!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/7971/

Baby's Due in 2 - 3 weeks - That will be my reason!

Jims5543

That is a very good double IPA, enjoy it.

Why the long face?

Mudhen

Quote from: jedduh01 on August 27, 2015, 07:28:36 PM
I was gifted a beer for a mini job for a local bud.

Had no clue, Simple bottle... he ' shipped / brought it back from Cali by the case....

But after reading on beer advocate - Others say its pretty good!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/7971/

Baby's Due in 2 - 3 weeks - That will be my reason!

Yikes!  Wait until your wife is in full labor...then kick back in the hospital room and drink it.  Chicks love that sort of thing.   77.gif

Your first child???

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Pat

Jims5543

Another much needed wind me down lunch.

This is Amy, she serves me beer, I love her...

I took that pic and IM's it to the GM of the establishment who is in Key West at Brew Fest and was watching the camera.  I asked him if he enjoyed watching me drink beer.

A cool pick to bring in a fun 3 day weekend. Wooo..

Jims5543

Got this glass as a gift from the corner pub. I liked it so much I purchased more to give away to friends.

I have started messing around making a good Old Fashioned at home, this is not a good decision.

I found this at total wine, I like it a lot:

94touring

My lady friend bought a large assortment of fall beers.  Here's the first one. 

94touring

Mudhen

Wow...hmmm [checks watch] is it that time already?

What time you ask...

Time to get a new lady friend!

:D

Jims5543

I had a very cool afternoon at the local Gastropub, I stopped in for a late lunch and to pick up a Gift Certifcate. The owner /GM was there as well as a couple of Beer Distributor reps (they all have lunch at this place)  and suddenly bottles of beer were being broken out and shared.

The owner, fed me some. I felt special and wanted to hug him again.

Before that I had Dogfishheads American Beauty an Imperial Pale Ale and it was glorious.

This was one of two beers I tasted.

So here is to the weekend I hope yours if less stressful than mine. Well at least until Sunday when I escape to play car.

94touring

At a tiki bar with some lady friends. 

Mudhen

Boooring.  Fun with ladies, so lame!

We had a middle school soccer game...and a 5th grade open house.  Now I was just trying solve this puzzle:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/09/16/can-our-collective-carspotting-skills-help-find-the-loot-from-the-biggest-u-s-art-heist/?refer=news

Can't imagine the police don't have some fancy program that can analyze 'A' and 'B' pillar heights and know exactly what car this is in 10 seconds.  On the video I think it looks totally different.  Another couple IPAs and I know I'll have it!

Jims5543

Nothing good will come from this.

94touring

I could have used that tonight.  Instead I get to walk to get my car in the morning.

Jims5543

This will probably keep me from making wrong decisions in all honesty.....

For example....

I am home trying to make the perfect old fashioned while watching FERRARI own mercedes in Singapore.... imagine if I was out and about.....

Mudhen

I'd love to know how fast the numbers tick up with high ABV beers.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on September 21, 2015, 04:44:56 AM
I'd love to know how fast the numbers tick up with high ABV beers.

I had two Lagunita's IPA's at dinner Friday night and they took me right up to 0.08.  It was 0.06 for a while, then it popped up to 0.08 about 20 minutes after the last one.

Lets just say this thing has been an eye opener.  I think I can drive with 3 IPA's in me safely, the government will tell me otherwise.

It will probably slow my roll, which in all honesty contrary to the last couple of posts, I have been doing. I have some fitness goals I need to achieve by next spring, drinking does not fit in with that.

jedduh01

Test that thing out!  put it thru the paces.!

1 shot of whiskey - wait 15 min - test blow

Next day -  normal glass of wine - wait 15 test blow

third day - pissy beer - same- test blow

and so on === looking to see if it gives Like readings for the "same" amount of alcohol or if it simply registers the strength and potency within....

1 Alcoholic beverage per hour is the normal metabolic rate but thats SLOW